Replies

SPA525G2 7.5.7 F/W update - which file to use

brantwinter2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - there are two files that come down in the SPA525G2 F/W update for 7.5.7:

spa525g-7-5-7.bin

spa525g-7-5-7-bt.bin

I can't find any info as to which one I should be using. I assume all the SPA525G2's have the bluetooth module (I can see BT details in the web interface). 

What file do I use for updates ?

3 Replies 3

brantwinter2004
Level 1
Level 1

Just found an answer in the OLDER 7.5.4 Release Notes PDF:

NOTE There are two SPA525G/525G2 firmware versions. One of them contains updated Bluetooth firmware (identified by -bt in the filename). The updated Bluetooth version is larger in size and takes longer to install (about 3 to 4 minutes). If the Bluetooth firmware version you are using is below 0.00.34, we recommend that you install the -bt version of this firmware. To see which Bluetooth version is installed on your phone, view the Bluetooth Firmware Version parameter in the Info tab in the web management interface.

There is no PDF release notes for the 7.5.7 F/W on the Cisco site which I find odd.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/spa525g2-5-line-ip-phone/model.html#InstallandUpgradeGuides

Unless I can't see it there.

release_notes.txt file is stored inside of .zip file with the firmware itself.

Yes, I undertand that. I just couldn't find anything in that file relating to the _bt file and what it was for. The PDF version of the release note for the previous version explained why it was there.