cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 - can't transfer calls, just drops out

brantwinter2004
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is a SIP provider thing or a phone config.

I have a SIP account registered on a SPA5252G2. On an inbound call I answer and can put the caller on hold by pressing the 'Transfer' softkey. I get a new dial tone and I enter the extension to transfer to. It rings, picks up but when I hit transfer again all call just drop out. The same happens if I use the 'Hold' key (as you would on a SPA504G or SPA501G without the softkeys).

If I register that exact same SIP extension on a SPA122 with an analogue phone connected it all works fine using the 'R' (flash) key on the phone so I am not sure this is a SIP provider issue.

The SPA525G2 is pretty much at defaults out of the box. I am not sure how the call transfer works under the covers, whether it is using * codes to do the transfer etc.

Not sure where to start looking.

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems to be provider issue, but it may be triggered by method of transfer used by the phone. There are some things that can be tuned by configuration, but it's hard to hit correct configuration by "random fires" method.

Please capture SIP packets from your device to provider. At the first, capture successful transfer of SPA122. It will reveal what method of transfer your's provider like. Then catch the unsuccessful transfer of SPA525G2. We will compare them. I wish it will reveal what config options needs to be changed on SPA525 ...

I assume you are running latest firmware on SPA525G2. If it is not true, then upgrade it, then try again. You issue may be solved just by upgraded firmware.

Yes - running latest firmware on both the ATA and SPA525G2. 

I'll organise a packet capture tonight.