Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 560 VG202/ATA 187 support?

BEN ROBINSON
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Does the UC 560 offer support for the VG202 or ATA 187? I cannot find any information about this. Thanks for any insight!!

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Currently the VG202 is supported with the UC560. The ATA 187 however is not supported on Call Manager Express at this time. I believe that it is currently being considered for support, but I dont have any further information about that.

I hope this helps.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Currently the VG202 is supported with the UC560. The ATA 187 however is not supported on Call Manager Express at this time. I believe that it is currently being considered for support, but I dont have any further information about that.

I hope this helps.

Eric Moyers
1-866-606-1866

thanks for the reply! we ended up going with an ATA 186.

Does 8.2 support the 187? If not, if anyone's looking to purchase 4 unopened ATA 187's let me know.. they're collecting dust next to all the other cisco equipment we've purchased that isn't supported on the UC5xx platform.  

Which reminds me, the 186 is discontinued right... I believe thats why we bought all the 187s.   Might want to consider supporting the new equipment before discontinuing the old.   All of our remote fax machines and alarms are now useless.    

As an update to my previous post, back in May, please see the following:

For these products There is no CCA support. However there is CLI support within certain parameters.

Please see the following for more detail.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2061819

If there is still any questions, please call into the Small Business Support Center and any of our UC Certified Engineers will be glad to discuss this with you. 1-866-606-1866.

Thanks
Eric Moyers
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

Would you mind expanding on the ATA 187 support, it's somewhat vague.  I ended up purchasing an ATA187 because I noticed the ATA186's were EOL'd, just plugged it in and it doesn't work.  I'd rather not ship this back, especially if we're able to configure these with the UC560's, but I need further clarification.

Can we call into the SBSC and request support for configuring a UC560 with an ATA187?  According to that link, it's my understanding that they'll just do CCA with the UC560's.

Thanks.