cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Call barring feature required (filtering)

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody have any idea when call barring will be available on the UC320? We need to bar on a per user basis... This feature would help us so much!

Many thanks

Matt

7 Replies 7

John Hoyt
Level 1
Level 1

That is a feature the small law offices we work with would love...

Agreed! I have been asked for that from our Medical clients too.

Nicholas / John,

Could you describe call barring for us.

Having the ability to block calls based upon caller id.

Say for example, you are getting harassing phone calls from 123-456-7890

You would have the ability to enter that on a 'blacklist' and the system would drop any attempted incoming calls from that particular number. Think access-list or firewall for incomming calls.

Make sense?

Yes it does. Isnt this provided by Service Providers? Do you see other PBXs that offer this?

I have seen this in Asterisk, mainly as a feature to protect against unwanted phone calls, known telemarketers etc.

Asterisk actually has a function which subscribed to a known 'junk caller' service and pulled down a database of known telemarketers. Those numbers would not get through the PBX and were dumped. This type of anti-telemarketer feature would be great, but at the bare minimum I'd like to see a list of banned phone numbers implimented.

It would be nice, all things considering, since many smartphones have programs and options such as this for more granular call control. It would be a great feature to add. Nusince calls distract too much from the office admins time so getting it under control would be a nice selling point to better staff productivity and an effective and inventive way to focus staff on customer servivce so they can increase profits, see rainbows, and watch unicorns trot carefree in pastures in peace.......

Ok....you guys have to get the marketing folks to pretty up that picture for me......I just grab a bottle of scotch with some coke and troubleshoot the technical stuff ;-)

The feature we need in particular is to block certain users from dialing particular number prefixes.. Such as premium rate 0898XXXXXX etc, etc. Call routing(Automatic Route Selection) would also be very useful to our customers. We could then prefix digits to outgoing calls for least cost routing purposes or force particular calls out of certain trunk groups. These are both basic features on most classical PABX's..

Thanks for everyones feedback!

Matt