cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 External Paging

mbusch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320 and a Bogen TPU100B amplfier.  Can anyone tell me the type of cable I need to connect the 2 devices?  I think the UC320 uses a 3.5 mm jack.  The Bogen TPU100 only has a tip and ring connection.  Does Cisco sell a cord for this?  I have tried using a RCA cord with an adapter to a 3.5 mm plug.  I then cut the RCA cable off the opposite end and stripped the wires back and hooked it up to the Bogen TPU100B tip and ring connection.  I was able to get a page to come through the page horn but the quality it terrible and the page horn has a lot of background noise coming over it.  I tried using a 3.5 mm plug from the phone system and cutting the end off and connecting the tip and ring connection on my amplifier.  I was not able to get a page to come across at all with the 3.5 mm cord.  If anyone has used an amplifier without a RCA input and can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michael

4 Replies 4

Hi Michael,

I asked one of our hardware engineers about this and this was his response:

Please connect line out(light green jack) of UC300 to MUSIC IN and GND terminal of TBU100.  Do not use TIP and RING terminal. User can buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm  mono cable and cut one plug, wire the ground wire and shield(normally a mesh wire) to GND terminal, signal wire to MUSIC IN. if there is no voice or very low volume or loud hum noise, most probably it is caused by wiring the ground wire to MUSIC in and signal wire to GND or shield wire to MUSIC IN. In this case, please swap the cable(but keep the mesh shield wire always on GND). If they use 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable, There will be 3 wire plus shield wire. They can simply tied left and righ channel cable together. Shield wire is not necessary but will help to reduce the interference.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi,

I have a similar set up. Uc320w line out is connected to an amp which connects to a horn/speaker in the warehouse.

Paging works fine which is loud.

But the ringing will not play out the horn/speaker. It seems to only accept paging. Any work arounds for this?

If none, is there a device where we can connect to the fxs port to act as phone and somehow connect to the speaker system?

Thanks

Lex

Why not set up another phone/extension in the area that needs a speaker, and hook up a speaker to the phone, so when that extension rings, it rings out the speaker.

There is already a phone in that area and I can't run the cables from that particular area to the amp/horn.

The amp/horn is 2m away from the uc320w box which is housed in a wall mount rack cabinet. So it be ideal if we can get the line out port to ring. The old Talkswitch phone system line out 3.5mm RCA audio jack supported this, it will ring and page. But we had to replace the whole system.

Looks like the only way is to get a tone/bell ringer and attach it to the fxs port? But I have a cordless phone which is attached to the fxs port which ill have to sacrifice ? That's why it's ideal if we can get the line out port to work.

Else I have