Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc320 setup

I have a UC320, just setting it up currently.  Have also received spa504g phones to utilize with the system.  According to documentation, 504g phones support 4 phone lines.  When setting up the shared fx0 lines, I am unable to select all 4 phone lines as the 504g phones are listed as having only 3 buttons available.  What am I doing wrong, what is the 4th button designated as?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lance,

You are not doing anything wrong.  The first line will be used as a private extension for internal dialing.  The other three lines can be used as shared FXO line extensions.  If you wan't all four shared lines appearing on your phones, you'll need to use a phone with more buttons like the spa508g.

Alternatively you could try a different configuration ... consider the following options:

1. Use PBX mode with dial 9 access for outgoing calls and incoming calls routed to either (Auto Attendant, Hunt Group, Shared Extensions, etc).
  2. Use something similar to the example Use Case posted on the Community.
  3. Use Blended (some Key System mode lines and some PBX mode lines).

Hope this helps,

Jeff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Lance,

What document do you see where the SPA504 supports 4 FXO Lines?  In this release the most shared FXO Lines that can be provisioned on a SPA504 phone is actually 3.  The top button is used for a personal extension.  If your system requires 4 shared FXO lines, I'm afraid you will need to look at SPA508, 509, or 525 phones.  There is a request on the feature list to be able to support all line buttons as shared FXO lines when under control of UC320W, but that won't be available until a major feature release.

Chris

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lance,

You are not doing anything wrong.  The first line will be used as a private extension for internal dialing.  The other three lines can be used as shared FXO line extensions.  If you wan't all four shared lines appearing on your phones, you'll need to use a phone with more buttons like the spa508g.

Alternatively you could try a different configuration ... consider the following options:

1. Use PBX mode with dial 9 access for outgoing calls and incoming calls routed to either (Auto Attendant, Hunt Group, Shared Extensions, etc).
  2. Use something similar to the example Use Case posted on the Community.
  3. Use Blended (some Key System mode lines and some PBX mode lines).

Hope this helps,

Jeff

@jeffsand:

thanks, followed your advice (and the case study example) and it is working.  I just wish Cisco would have revised their description a little:  "Cisco SPA504G 4-Line IP Phone " so that for those of us that aren't fluent with phones would not make an assumption that this model would allow you to choose anyone of 4 individual lines; or at least provide the functionality to reprogram the buttons to allow one to choose the four lines.  Unfortunately, having opened the phones and updated the firmware on 14 of them, I can no longer return them for credit for a larger capacity phone.

Lance,

Thanks for your comments.  The SPA504G can be used with many different call control applications.  The UC320W is one application, the UC500 series is another application and  a SIP based hosted environment is still another application. It's the call control platform that controls how many lines each phone model supports with each application.

Regards,

Randy