cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 stuck after upgrade to 2.1.1

CSCO11846503
Level 1
Level 1

After login to uc320w console i just pulled the triger on the latest ugrade notification (2.1.1) and after restart console wont to show up. In browser tab i have : firmware upgrade notification. phones still working fine, but cant access console. telnet seems to be enable - but my credentials does not work.

YES i should upgrade first to 2.0.12( 8), but i dident get any worrings on the screen from the cisco?! any chance to push the 2.0.12 via telnet?

or at least backup the setting via telnet before hard reset?  any default credentials to access telnet terminal?

Regards

5 Replies 5

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi longin,

I would advice you to contact the support folks over at the Cisco Small Business Support Center open a case.   They know how to upgrade the firmware from a non-responsive unit. 

Their phone number is: 1-866-606-1866.

The following page contains the pertinent contact list.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best regards,

Julio

thanks for the suggestion. the problem was in version of adobe player - new upgrade doent like latest adobe flash ver 11

in my sytuation i used web broswer  with flash ver 6  and update to 10 sorted the issue.

Glad it isn't just me!  I still cannot login to my UC320 from my Chrome browser.  It brings me to a hung firmware update page.  If I open it in Internet Explorer, it loads just fine; like nothing happened at all!  Unfortunately, for me, I have IE 9, which sucks with the UC320 interface.  Tab button is hit or miss and other random buttons are weird sometimes too. 

--Keith

I am not sure what version I am on because I can't get to the login screen.  I have tried both my installed IE9 and the latest Firefox.  I of course believe I have already installed the latest flash plugins too since I keep them up-to-date too. 

The only other easy solution was to grab my Android tablet.  But that doesn't support the latest flash and while that went further (got a "Cisco UC320W Firmware Upgrade Application" titled window, it says "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player." and a link to "Get Flash.".  This tablet has the latest it supports ... 11.1.102.59.

I guess I need to search out another browser ... I think I have Chrome somewhere or a VM of XP somewhere... Chrome was a total bust.  Found an XP, IE8 browswer with old flash on it in my VM.  Loaded, showing 2.1.0 (22).  Wonder if newer version on UC320 will resolve this.

FYI - Software version 2.1.2(1) on the UC320 fixed it for me.  Just had to find an outdated browser to fix it.