Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 CISCO INTEGRATION SERVER 6000 with Polycom

HI

I wonder if anyone has had previous experience of integrating a Cisco UC500 PBAX with a Polycom SIP Server, I've seen that you can integrate with CUCM versions, but I wonder if you can integrate with the UC560.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Arturo,

In theory this is possible, but not supported.

You need to do it via CLI and creat a SIP DN ( SIP end point) which makes the polycom an extension.

That's the only way I know how it can be done..

(PS) I think you may have double posted so can you please delete the other one

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Arturo,

In theory this is possible, but not supported.

You need to do it via CLI and creat a SIP DN ( SIP end point) which makes the polycom an extension.

That's the only way I know how it can be done..

(PS) I think you may have double posted so can you please delete the other one

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David

thanks for your response, and a SIP DN is matched as the CUCM server and Polycom 6000, from what I read in books. But with the UC560 with CCA application is not possible.

When did this project I made ​​this question of cisco engineers, and they told me that it was possible integration between the two systems through a SIP trunk.

could be linked by SIP TRUNK?

thank you very much, a greeting

Hi Arturo,

I believe when they say SIP trunk they mean setting up a SIP-DN.

However if they do actually mean setting up a SIP trunk, I believe you will

have a hard time attempting this as the Polycom 6000 would need to act as a

server or an SBC, and I highly doubt that it has that capabilities.

I would look @ CCA 3.2 and see if it supports the creation of SIP-DN's now

and if it does that is still going to be your most likely way of linking

the two systems together.

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

hi David

thank you very much for your quick response CCA version 3.2 is that I use to configure the UC560, and I see or encounter where you can configure a SIP-DN, I would be helpful if you or a colleague of yours can I check whether create a SIP-DN with CCA version 3.2.

Should this be possible please send me a message.

thank you very much

regards

hi david

sorry for the confusion, the CCA version I have is 3.1. (1).

is now available in version 3.2?

thanks and greetings

Hi Arturo,

3.2 is available for download as far as I am aware, not officially released

as there has been no announcement and I have not downloaded it yet.

I don't know if this will do what you want, it is just a suggestion as I

haven't seen 3.2 yet myself, I just heard whispers that 3.2 just maybe will

support the creation of SIP-DN's, but it may not.

Cheers,

David.

hi David

I updated my CCA to version 3.2, and after several tests and analyze the new version, I think it is possible to make SIP connections - DN, if I have seen that there are updates and new SIP SIP providers, but to do SIP Trunking SIP TRUNK not for links - DN. would be possible for someone to ask me to confirm that this version 3.2 is not possible to make SIP connections - END POINT?

If you can not configure a SIP Trunk - DN from CCA. I wonder how it can be programmed via CLI, and if possible support to make this link.

thank you very much and best regards

Hi ARTURO,

Sadly I cannot do any testing for you as I don't have access to any

equipment, you may need to see if someone else on these forums can assist

you with this

Sorry...

Cheers,

David.