cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 - After Software Pack update noch Conferencing on the Phones not available?

Jochen Brenner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

after a software pack update on our UC520 no conferencing are available for the phones? I call internal with my colleague and I click to Conference on my Phone and dial a external number. After that I have the external call on my phone and the internal call is on hold. I switch to the internal call and get my

colleague and the external call is on hold?

I would like to create a conference with internal and external users in one line. I hope you can understand me

Can everybody help me? If possible with the Cisco CCA Tool 3.2.2.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jochen,

I would first make sure that Conferencing is enabled, and you have a least one Ad-Hoc conferencing session configured in CCA.

Configure > Telephony > Voice Features > Conferencing.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

I have upload the screenshot with the current configuration.

Hello Jochen,

You do not have the hardware conferencing enabled.

You have to check "Enable multi-party conferencing" checkbox.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Hi,

I have Multi-Party conferencing enabled and saved the configuration but the conferencing not work?

jochen,

everything you need to know is in the help tab;

-------

NOTE: Multi-party conferencing must be enabled in order to use the Conference Barge (cBarge) and Privacy features.

When Multi-party conferencing is disabled:

• Software resources are used for conferencing.
  • You can specify the maximum number of simultaneous 3-way calling sessions to allow on the system.
When Multi-party conferencing is enabled:
  • Hardware resources (DSPs) are used.

Configuration Assistant automatically detects the UC500 platform you are configuring and automatically determines the maximum supported number of participants per conference and simultaneous conferencing sessions that can be configured for both MeetMe and AdHoc conferencing.

Cisco UC500 platforms that support 24 or more users have approximately twice the amount of hardware conferencing resources and can support a greater number of participants and sessions.

NOTE:   Hardware conferencing is disabled if there are not enough hardware resources. for example, hardware conferencing may be disabled if a T1/E1 add-on card is added to a UC500-16U chassis, because voice ports consume resources from the same pool of resources that is allocated for hardware conferencing.
  • You can configure both MeetMe and AdHoc conferencing.
    • An AdHoc conference is a type of conference in which one party calls another and either party decides to add another party to the call.
    • A MeetMe conference is one in which the parties dial a predetermined MeetMe conference number.

The conference creator goes off-hook, presses the MeetMe softkey on their phone, hears a confirmation tone, then dials the MeetMe number. After the conference is initiated, other parties can join the MeetMe conference by dialing the MeetMe number.

When you configure MeetMe conferencing, all phone users have permission to initiate MeetMe conferences. The MeetMe conference creator can press the ConfList softkey to list all participants. The creator can also press the RmLstC softkey to remove the last joined caller, and remove a party from a conference.

MeetMe conferencing softkeys are configured, and automatically applied to the phones, when multiparty conferencing is enabled and MeetMe extensions are set up.
    • An Unlocked MeetMe conference allows the user to unlock the MeetMe conference bridge. The MeetMe conference bridge allows unrestricted and uncontrolled access for external callers.This feature is only supported for MeetMe conference.

When a user unlocks the MeetMe conference bridge in Cisco Unified CME, the user can initiate a MeetMe conference without pressing the MeetMe soft key on the phone, this allows external callers to initiate a MeetMe conference.

NOTE:    To configure Direct Inward Dial (DID) numbers to ring internal user extensions you must create translation rules to define the mapping between each DID number and its corresponding internal extension. A single DID number is mapped to a single internal extension. See Add Caller ID for Internal Extensions, page 461.

Pre-requisite:
To check or uncheck the Enable MeetMe Unlocked conference option you must use Cisco Unified CME version 8.0 and above. The unlock option will not be visible for prior Cisco Unified CME versions.NOTE:   In order to configure an unlocked MeetMe conference, all ephone-dn tags associated with the same number should have unlocked option configured. If some of the ephone-dn tags do not have unlocked option configured, unlocked MeetMe conference may not work properly.
    • You can enable or disable playing of tones when callers join or leave a multi-party conference. By default, these are disabled.

Enabling and Configuring Multiparty (MeetMe and AdHoc) Conferencing To enable and configure multi-party conferencing, follow these steps.

1. In the Conference window, choose whether to enable multiparty conferencing.
    • Check the Enable Multi-Party Conferencing checkbox to enable multiparty conferencing (uses hardware resources).
      • When this option is selected, both AdHoc and MeetMe conferencing can be configured.
      • The maximum number of sessions that be configured depends on the number of hardware resources for the UC500 platform being configured.
    • If you do not choose to enable multiparty conferencing, use the Maximum
      3-way Calling Sessions
      pull-down menu to set the maximum number of simultaneous 3-party AdHoc conference sessions that you want to allow.
      • When this option is selected, Cisco IOS software resources are used for conferencing. Hardware resources are not required. This option is used when hardware conferencing is disabled or not configured.
      • Each AdHoc conferences can have up to three participants.
  2. If Enable Multi-Party Conferencing is checked, configure the following settings.
    1. Choose a Mode, either G711 (single mode) or G711/G729 (mixed mode).
    2. The Mode setting determines the amount of hardware conferencing resources required per call. G711 uses fewer hardware conferencing resources than G711/G729.G711 only mode is recommend for deployments where local trunks only are used. Mixed mode (G711/G729) is recommended for deployments that include SIP trunking, if the SIP Service Provider supports G729.
    3. Under Tone Settings, choose whether to enable or disable playing of tones when callers join or leave a multiparty conference.

By default, conference join and leave tones are disabled. When multi-party conferencing is disabled, tone settings are also disabled.
    4. Use the pull-down menu to select the Maximum MeetMe Participants per conference.
    5. Use the slider bar to the right of the Sessions menu to allocate sessions between AdHoc and MeetMe conferences. The total number of sessions must be equal to or less than the maximum number of simultaneous sessions.
    6. Edit MeetMe extension numbers or leave the default values.
  3. Click OK or Apply.
Limitations and Notes that Apply to Multiparty Conferencing
  • If you are configuring a 8-user or 16-user system with a VIC and hardware- based AdHoc conferencing is already configured on the device, before any VIC card is configured from CCA, AdHoc conferencing must be restored to software-based conferencing by unchecking Enable Multiparty Conferencing and clicking Apply.
  • If any DSP-related out-of-band configuration exists (for example, transcoding), conferencing is not available. You must either remove the existing out-of-band configuration, or continue to configure it out-of-band.