Helpful
Replies

UC540W reset password

ddkcisco
Level 1
Level 1

UC540W

New Customer

Need to be able to reset password to access phone system.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ddkcisco,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. I found the following article that can help you reset the your device's password:

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ddkcisco,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. I found the following article that can help you reset the your device's password:

After looking at this, not convinced I can reset the administrator password without knowing it.

If you have physical access to the device you can use the reset button to restore the device to factory settings. 

cristgon is wrong on both counts.

You need a console cable and the following article using a control break at boot.

This is for the 2800 but it will work on the UC540 and many other devices.

Just be careful you do not issue the write command before copying the startup-config to running-config or you will overwrite the system with a blank config.

Once your are in you can reset the CUE password within the config for the web gui.