Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Video

erodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer that needs the following and I wanted to see if it can be done with the UC560.

- Customer presently has a total of 20 users in the main site and about 10 more at remote sites. They are interested in video call, chat and video conferenceing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks       

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you sold UC500 before? Are you trained for both the selling and installation?

If not, yuo will need to take these certifications yourself, or find someone that has already.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eddie,

The UC-500 series has a basic and primitive version of CUVA (Cisco Unity Video Advantage) this is based upon using a web cam in-built into your Laptop coupled with a Cisco IP Phone on that laptop (Softphone), it is a 1-1 and not a 1-Many setup, and as far as I am aware is not currently under any further development or maintenance.

However, you can also consider looking at Cisco's Tanburg (Spelling?) series (Yes they purchased them some time ago) it is one of the best video conferencing system in the market at present, and if done right can be priced competitively for many small businesses.

Lastly, there is an abitrary way of even getting WebEx to do it it is a cool way of using WebEx but annoying to setup and maintain, but granted with the UC-500 it has WebEx integration or at least it did have at one stage.

Those are your options are present, other than that if you choose a third-party system and it is IP based, make sure you do a Video VLAN, say Video VLAN-50 and segregate it from the rest of the network

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David.

Eddie,

Cisco VT adanvantage product is EOS as Cisco prepares to move toward Tandberg MOVI. Currently there is no support for MOVI on UC500.

However the Cisco 9900 phones with support for Video will be launched with SWP 8.6.0. However at the launch the functionality is going to be very limited. The solution will not support Teleworker or Multisite on Video. We are likley to have a full 8900 /9900 video soltion by around 9.0 time frame which likely to involve purchasing ASAs.

Navin

Navin,

Thanks for the reply, I know that the UC500 is limited but I wanted to see there was anyone that found a cost effective solution for this site.