cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIP310 Fails To Re-Register.

juunda
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has several WIP310 connected wirelessly to an accesspoint and then to a internal PBX Tribox V2.6.22. Using Teliax ITSP.

The phones work great for a while but randomly fail to re-register. The only way for it to work again is to power cycle the device.   Customer has tried three diferent access point in order to elimate the possibility of bad wireless connectivity. Has latest firmware 5.0.11

Please advice in any way possible thanks in advance.
233 Replies 233

Hi all, I too have this issue with a WIP310-G4.  Interestingly my serial numbre is extremely similar to that of aguzman82.  It is ACC131702FQ.

Any new news from engineering on the fix?

Patrick,
Alas no real change.

At first I though maybe progress, but in the end the problme is now that the unit can make calls out - more or less.  But looses registartion connectivity so can not receive calls very well.

In more detail:

Outgoing calls - a short period after power on calls need to be dialed twice to work.  The first time there is equivalent to no connection.  Then on the second dial the phone has registered and an outgoing call can be made.

Incoming calls - If the unit has not been used for a short amount of time (less than 5 minutes) any incoming calls will not connect.  Once the phone has been registered/ or re-registered a call can be recieved until it loosesd connection.

Alas my phone is not back to be power brink and glowing red light...  But not used for calls...

Peter

Hi Peter,

Can you please confirm, are you using trixbox or Asterisk?

Can you provide me with your phone's configuration and a Wireshark trace showing the phone registering with the call control? Please make sure that the trace also shows where the phone attempts to reregister with the call control.

Please enable debug on the phone and provide the syslog log.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick,

Niether the trixbox or Asterisk - instead I use an SPA9000.

Alas I will get the logs ect. but it will have to be weekend, as my day job gets in the way and it will also push my VOIP skills.

Ah the learning curve!

I'll come back to you early next week.

Peter

Hi all, I think I have a workaround here.  I have pushed out the re-registration to 7200 sec.  It seems to still drop for a short amount of time and re-register at the expiry of the 7200 sec, but for me this is tolerable.  Is there a reason that having the registration period at 7200 sec would be an issue?

Hi tometokic,

The registration can be whatever you'd like it to be.

We noticed from earlier traces in this thread that the nonce from trixbox was incorrect so we released test firmware, but the issue persists.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

My install does not use anything other than Linksys product.  It consists of the following logical call flows:

(PSTN) SPA3102 <--> SPA9000 <--> 4400N (Wireless) and WRT54G2 (Router and Wireless)  <--> WIP310-G4

Should I still try the fireware upgrades?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

You're the only SPA9000 issue that I'm aware of. All other reports have been specific to trixbox.

I don't believe the firmware will be of much use to you, but feel free to try it. You can always load the released version again.

I don't understand why there are two wireless access points between the SPA9000 and the WIP310 [4400N and the WRT54G]

Have you tried simplifying the network to see if the WIP310 is able to re-register easier? I'm wondering if there could be some looping of sorts happening when the WIP310 may have SSID association bouncing between the two wireless access points.

Consider grabbing a wireshark trace between the SPA9000's INTERNET port and whatever it is connected to. This would allow us to see communication between the SPA9000 and the WIP310.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

A slightly different, yet I think related, issue occurred for me on the weekend.  This system I have is at home and we went away for the weekend.  Upon returning home on Sunday, I noticed that the WIP310-G4's little LED indicator light was Orange and solid, not blinking.  The phone was sitting in its cradle all weekend and no more than 3 metres from an access point.

I picked up the phone and tried to press a few buttons to get the display showing as i thought that the registration must have failed, but none of the buttons were responding.  The only thing I could do was to press and hold the red phone/off key which did work. I turned the phone off and on and it was fine again.

Unfortunately, I did not have any logging of the system happening over the weekend.  Is this a known issue? Do you think it is related to the loss of registration issue.

Patrick, to respond to the Access Point questions, I need 2 APs for coverage, my written diagram probably has portrayed the wrong thing, I don't go through both to get back to the wired LAN. Each AP is connected to the wired LAN.

I have had only a single AP in place previously, however coverage was then an issue causing drop outs.

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

And so my saga with the WIP310 continues.  It's definitely the phone that is struggling.  Tonight I tried to make calls and got deafening silence.  When I looked at the SPA9000 PBX status page, it was blank (the WIP310 should have been there).  Then I rebooted the phone and it magically appeared and I could make calls.  I am sure I would not have been recieving calls either.  This is getting very frustrating. I sell Cisco all day long, yet this phone is giving me a world of hurt at home.  I need some assistance to fix this please Cisco.  Help me.

I have attached before and after shots of the PBX status screen.

BEFORE REBOOT

before reboot.jpg

AFTER REBOOT

after reboot.jpg

I now have syslog working.  In case it helps, here is what was going on last night while I was alseep.  The last time I did anything was 23:24.  The rest is it's own communication.  I have debug level 3 on the phone.

New update.

It looks like the issue might be coming from the wireless connection side of things with the WIP310.  I had the issue happen again and when I looked at the status of the wireless connection on the phone it was showing NOT ASSOCIATED.

When I reboot the phone it immediately associates and starts working again.

My settings for wireless are:

Manual Setup

Auto Connect: ON

WPA2-Personal

I also attach logs with full debugs  (should have been from 7:00 to 7:00 for a 24 hour period but they stop short in the afternoon.

any help is much appreciated.  I have also logged a case with the TAC now to investigate.

Whatever is worth I get the same problems with a WPN824v2 router.