cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

525 Intercom/Paging (as compared to 504)

dieswaytoofast
Level 1
Level 1

What is the appropriate header to send to a 525 to get it to 'auto-answer'?

Assuming that the config settings are correct (Auto_Answer_Page = Yes, etc.), we have the following -

* On the 504, if the incoming INVITE contains the header   "Alert-Info: <info=alert-autoanswer>", then the phone will automatically pick up the call

* On the 525, this header doesnt seem to do anything.

So

a) Should we be using a different header? A different payload? "answer-after" or some such?

b) Is there some additional setting that needs to be tweaked on the 525?

4 Replies 4

dieswaytoofast
Level 1
Level 1

More information:

There are actually *two* headers on the incoming INVITE

Alert-Info: .

Call-Info: ;answer-after=0.

Hi,

My Cisco525G2 running firmware 7.4.8 auto answers with only the following field in the Invite:

Call-Info: ;answer-after=0

The configuration has the following set:

Yes

Yes

Are you running firmware version 7.4.8?  If not try upgrading to that version.  If you'd like you can attach a full config file and wireshark to this ticket and I will take a look.

-Adam

FYI - I also verified this with a 525G (not a G2) and tested both devices with 7-4-6 as well.  Both devices work with those two firmware versions and with that call-info field.

Hope that helps.

-Adam

Thanks Adam, that pretty much took care of the problem.  Somewhere along the way, Auto_Answer_Page got set to Yes in the config file.  I wasn't looking for it, as the default (Yes) is pretty much what I wanted.

I finally did the paranoid thing, and actually checked the settings on the fone (hmmm.  should have done that first thing, yes?), and was not-so-pleasantly surprised to find it set to No.

Thanx again.