cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding prefix digits to outbound calls by line

nickbeer123456
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find a way of adding prefix digits to outbound calls via fxo. I want to add 141 here in the UK to bar the outgoing CLID on certain line(s) but can't see a way to do this. Is it possible?

3 Replies 3

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nick,

Can you try to enter the 141 first before dialing the outbound call?

There are 2 items that need to be verified.

1) Did the UK region pack contain the 141 code for blocking the outgoing CLID on a per call basis

2) the 141 must be dialed first on a SPA phone and then the called party number.  The SPA phone appends the feature code in the outbound call.

Please try that and update if you have an opprotunity.

Regards,

Randy

Hi Randy,

You cannot dial 141 before the number using the phone as it just throws an error. (Presumably because of the dialling plan)

This would not be much help anyway as we only want to bar CLID on one specific fxo and the user would never know which one they were going to get access to and it would be very prone to human error (forgetting to do it).

What I'm after is a facility to say whenever an outbound call is set up via fxo 1 (for example), prefix the dialled number with 141 to bar CLID. This would I guess be the same concept as the old LCR systems where calls needed to be prefixed with some digits to apply the routing.

Nick,

I opened a defect ID:CSCub70738 on the issue (unable to block outbound caller id by dialing 141) with the UK and Ireland region pack(s).

Randy