cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS and FXO port Specifications for 3rd party paging on UC500's

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I have a client who does electrical and cabling work.  They don't want to buy the Bogen paging kit that we normally recommend, they want to use their existing paging & speaker system. They are asking me what the power specs are for the paging port.

I don't know how to answer this....

He wants to page BOTH the handsets and the paging system at the same time. From my experience, I have found that it cannot be done this way using FXS and ephone-dn's... mayeb an FXO port allows paging of both handsets & paging at the same time?

Are there guidlines and specifications that I can send to him so he does not blow up the UC560?

Thank you,

Stacy

1 Reply 1

Hi Stacy,

Specs for analog interfaces are normally hard to provide. You could be talking about impedance, caller ID methodology, resistance and cabling, safety conformance, FCC Device clasification, etc.

Our FXS interface meets OPS Class B specs, also adhere to EIA/TIA-464B, safety conformace UL1950 (same as FXO) and for compliance, it is considered a FCC Class B device, CE (same as FXO).

Our FXO  provides the following:

Signaling Formats

* Loop-start, ground-start

Address Signaling Formats

* In-band DTMF

* Out-of-band pulse (10/20 pps)

Tone Disconnect Supervision

* Call disconnect on progress tone of less than 600 Hz

Battery Polarity Reversal Detection

* Detection of disconnect supervision and far-end answer supervision via battery polarity reversal

Power Interrupt Disconnect

* Call disconnect on power interrupt of more than 600 msec