cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have issue with auto-attendant reply after play with force night button on the phone

apple0007
Level 1
Level 1

HI:

My configuration is uc320 working with spa504 and spa 512.  One time I tried to define a button on spa504g as a force night button and I pressed the force night button, It is ok, the message changed to " hello, no one is available to take your call, please leave your message",    yet, after I press the force night button again, it suppose to turn back to " if you know the extension number please dial". BUT THIS CHANGBACK DOES NOT HAPPEN, the message remained to be hello, no one is available to take your call, please leave your message" and a beep.    So , the force night could not change back.  ..  What more, , then I decided  not to use the day/night feature. and remove the force night button from the phone. and restarted the UC320.

After restart, if I make the first call, it is "if you know your extension, please dial", .. thank God,I thought it comeback to normal, but no. when I made second call, the message "   hello, no one is available to take your call, please leave your message"   come back again, I don't know where I configure wrong, we are going to deploy this device soon at customer site. Could you help me out. I attached the related configuration to this email

Thank you very much in advance

Rex

10 Replies 10

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rex,

The issue you are seeing is strange. I can't reproduce it in my lab. Please contact the Cisco Small Business Support  center to open a case. Please input your case number in the feedback comment section so that all your UC320W configurations will be attached to the case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best Regards,

Wendy

is it possible the product itself have problem, do i need to replace one?

Hi Rex,

No, it sounds like the configuration/software issue.

Regards,

Wendy

do you have force night button issue with 504g and uc320 ?  I now try again activiated (defined) a force button on a sidecar, but when I toggle the button, the day/night promote remained " no one is available to take the call, please leave your message" and it not change no matter it is night mode(red) or day mode green, it is voicemail prompt,  not even the prompt in night manu I defined,  where I should check.

Rex,

You are calling AA internally or from external? Did you configure day/night mode for call routing and call forwarding as well?

Please check the day mode or night mode when you toggle the force night button at Status -> Device page in Configure Utility. There are about 10 seconds delay for the status update.

Regards,

Wendy

Hi       Thank you for your quick response, as for your questions, I checked:  1   I called from external. I connected epigy with uc320, in epigy i defined a fxs port which is connected with the fxo port of uc320. I called from epigy and then the call hit the AA.  2   I do not configure call routing and call forwarding day/night mode 3   I checked, it is " day mode active"     I repeated the problem on my ucs320w, after restart, when I make the first call, it is " prompt 7",which read my record. but when I make second call, it is "no one available,please leave a message",  i think it is a voicemail prompt not in the list of day or night prompt manu, so, something must go wriong.        Thank you.

Hi Rex,

To identify if the issue is UC320W AA issue, you may want to dial AA internally to see if the prompt is played correctly. Is the voicemail message "no one available,please leave a message" UC320W voicemail message or epigy's? Please check FXO status from "Status - > External Trunks" in Configure Utility before you make the 2nd call.

Best regards,

Wendy

Thank you very much.

We found the problem and just as you said, this is a epigy message. not the uc320 message. and the reason is that after I make a call through fxo, if the caller hang up when no body answer the phone from uc320 side, the fxo line is stuck in "in use" status. So the second call I made  can not seize the line and get the voice mail message from epigy.  if the called party answer the phone, the the phone call process complete, then there is no problem.

This happens also if you leave the voice mail message to the uc320 cisco phone spa512. as the voice promopt" after recording press # or hangup the phone" if I press the #, then the fxo is released normally ---state change from "in use" to " idle", but if you hang up directly, the fxo is seized forever. and the uc320 didn't know you hang up and keep recording your message. we found abnormal voice message taking up the whole memory (30minutes).

This is going to be a problem if we use fxo port for outgoing call.

We had a client which use UC320 AND sip trunk, this problem do not exist.  do you have any idea how to solve the fxo seizing problem?.  otherwise, the customer's outgoing line are quite easily ocupied and the voicemail go full.

As this problem coincidently happend when I test the force night button, it misguide me to the other direction.

Thank you very much for help.

REX

Hi Rex,

It's good to hear that the issue has been identified.

You may want to troubleshoot epigy why it couldn't release FXO port correctly. FXS port of epigy seems not able to send the signal properly to release the call. If you connect teleco phone line diectly to UC320W FXO port, you should not see the same issue.

Best regards,

Wendy

OK , I will check out, thank you very much