cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Speed Dial

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed a new UC540 with the 8.1.0 service pack.  With earlier service packs/firmware, the user was able to input their personal speed dial inside of the web GUI.  This doesn't seem possible now.  There is also no option to do so inside of the phone.  How would a user input options into the directory?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think I understand better what you are looking for

Go to the phone (7900 series) and push the Services Button ---> then press the My Phone Apps button ----> You will see the Personal Speed Dial button on the phone -----> Click the ADD button and go from there

Go to the information and settingbutton on the (SPA series) phone , this is the folded piece of paper icon ----> Select the directories (2) button ---> select the personal address book button ---> then click the add button

I hope this helps you out

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Office Manager might be an option to look at, it gives the ability to add speed dials to end user phones

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14408/

See attached link for more details

Office Manager only gives you the ability to do System Speed dials.  These speed dials are seen by everyone, and it is impractical to have to scroll through a company wide list for speed dials that are personal to the user.  It does not give the ability for the user to add their own.  It would be a shame if this functionality has gone away.

You can add abbreiviated Dial numbers fo

r each user in cca 3.0. If you go to users and extensions and then select a user there is a speed dial tab available. To dial, the user presses the number that corresponds to where that person is in the list. For example, if John Smith is number 1 in the list, you press 1 then the Abrvd softkey (not sure what that softkey is exactly, just doing this from memory). The enduser does not need to go to the directory.

Going through cca is not the most optimal solution, but the customer is ultimately happy when they see how fast they can dial their most used numbers.

I understand that I can go through CCA to configure abbreviated dialing, the customer isn't going to like to have to pay professional service charge every time they want to add a personal speed dial to their phones.  Again, if it was taken out of the user portal on the GUI, why, and how do we have the customer configure them now?

The reason this is such a big deal is because the UC500 series is supposed to be a user friendly system that the customer can administer themselves.  That's the way it has always been marketed.  However, these deletions of functionality have made it harder for the customer to do so.  I thought the point of upgrading a system is to increase functionality, not decrease it.

I think I understand better what you are looking for

Go to the phone (7900 series) and push the Services Button ---> then press the My Phone Apps button ----> You will see the Personal Speed Dial button on the phone -----> Click the ADD button and go from there

Go to the information and settingbutton on the (SPA series) phone , this is the folded piece of paper icon ----> Select the directories (2) button ---> select the personal address book button ---> then click the add button

I hope this helps you out

Awesome.  Thank you very much.