cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560, remote site using Cisco 861 Router

DesaHonduras
Level 1
Level 1

I'm near to configure a remote site with 5 phones (spa525g2) and i was planning to use SR520 but as its now with EOS i can't find it in my country to buy it.

Can the SSL be configured using cisco 861 Router? Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm not very savvy about cli/ios?

3 Replies 3

Hello Saul,

Maybe it will be easier if you use the CCA for the VPN setup if you are comfortable with CLI. With CCA you will have EZVPN client configured on the 800 router please check the following which of the 800 series routers are supported by CCA .

You should use IPSEC vpn not SSL VPN.

Cisco 800 Series Routers: Models 831, 836, 851, 851W, 857, 857W, 871, 871W, 876, 876W, 877, 877M, 877W, 878, and 878W

The other scenario is to get assistance with TAC for the 800 router setup.

The third option is to connect the SPA525G using their built in VPN to the SSL VPN on the UC directly.

HTH,

Alex

Well, right now i don't have an option as a 861 router as been bought... I've just saw a couple of videos of how to configure the router using ccp... So i will give that a try and then i will configure the vpn client.

I don't want to use the vpn of the 525g2 as i will put 5 phones and that will be much bandwidth wasted.

If someone can point me to a TEL or any document that will help me to succeed in this task (EzVPN or IPSec) i will be very grateful :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Saul,

Yes this is exactly the way you may configure the VPN server in CCA and VPN client on the 861 with CCP.

You also may try to create multisite with the CCA multisite manager and enter the details for both sides only for  data VPN. Then on the 861 side you may use the CCP and create the VPN using the following document and see if this will work for you.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/113337/ccp-vpn-routerA-routerB-config-00.pdf

HTH,

Alex