cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2511 Reference Manual/Book

srflanigan4234
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of any Cisco manuals or books on the 2511 Access Server.  I have found documents online about this equipment but no real book or manual.  I am looking for more of a command reference guide with some possible basic configuration settings; something I can use to double check my configurations and settings.   If anyone knows of something please let me know as well as the ISBN if possible.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/dial/configuration/guide/12_4t/dia_12_4t_book.html

That is about 1000 times what you need to know to use a 2511 as console server for a router lab.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on stars below.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any Cisco book would apply. The documentation, including command reference,  is freely available on cisco.com.

Note if you are student, you are better to take  normal networking traning rather than diving in thick books.

I haven't found any current Cisco book that actually covers access servers.  I have seen material at Cisco.com, but I am actually looking for some type of reference manual similar to Cisco's "Portable Command Guides."

I have completed my CCNA and am near completion of my CCNA Security at my local college and none of the course material, (all Cisco,) to date has covered the configuration of an access server.  Terminal Access Servers have been briefly mentioned but not gone into with any detail.

As far as the "thick" books go, I actually enjoy reading these technical manuals/books! 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/dial/configuration/guide/12_4t/dia_12_4t_book.html

That is about 1000 times what you need to know to use a 2511 as console server for a router lab.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: