cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 Series Router used as a VPN hub for Win2k and XP clients

zafeirop
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for a 2600 router to act as a VPN Server for Win2k and XP Clients using Microsoft's PPTP - MPPE built in protocol of windows?

Requirements:

No additional VPN module to buy!

No additional software to use on the clients site.

No authentication via TACACS or Radius

Thank you very much in advance

Anastasios Zafiropoulos

Greece

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I have tried running Concentrator kinda function u can say in my 2691 it worked fine.

i have created local username/passwds and necessary isakmp,dynamic ipsec policies,ip pools .

remote hosts got connected using vpn client (1.x not sure tried b4 3 months).recd ips from ip pool and were able to work properly..

regds

prem

Hi,

What IOS did you use (FW?VPN?) in the 2600 router?

Can you do the authentication with Radius and Tacacs servers instead of local username and password?

ANy helps appreciated.

Thanks

Matteo

Hi

this is the IOS version which i hav tested..

If you have configured Radius or TACACS you would be able to use them for authentication but do remember to alter the configuration accrodingly.

ROM: C2600 Software (C2600-IK9O3S-M), Version 12.2(15)ZJ3, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

IOS File Name :

System image file is "flash:c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-15.ZJ3.bin"

regds

prem

Can you point me in the direction of a sample config for this? I'm lost in finding how to set up the IOS so that windows native client can connect into it successfully. I don't care as much about the authentication method, more the establishing the connection part.

Thanks!

hi ther

do chek this link which has enough links in it to assit u ...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

regds

prem