cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3005 vpn concentrator ssl certificate renew...

hugo.tigre
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i need to renew a ssl certificate from a 3005 vpn concentrator, but since i never worked with this device, I'm not sure of the implication it might have.

I've been looking through the documentation and configuration of the 3005 vpn, and it seems that all i need to do is click the renew button or create a new certificate (the CA in this case is the VPN 3005 itself).

The documentation also says that i should enter the previous password (which i think is none, but not sure) or in case there is no password that i should create a password for the certificate.

This device is in production and cannot stop, so if anyone can give me any pointers, that would be great, thanks...

Best regards,

hugo

3 Replies 3

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hugo,

On the VPN 3K concentrator, you just need to click on Generate option and that should generate the certificate again.

You do not need to click on Renew or so, since it is a concentrator generated certificate.

If the SSL certificate was from a trusted 3rd party vendor, then you need to go for the option of "Renew".

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers

gilbert

Hey,

that help :)

Thanks for the reply

best regards,

hugo

craigstrait
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this problem renewing the certificate on one of my 3005 concentrators.

You probably won't have this problem, but it could save you weeks of frustration and TACs if you did.

Field Notice: After Upgrading to 4.1 CVPN3005 Users May Experience a Failure to Generate SSL Certificates and a Failure to Save Their Configuration File Due to a Corrupt Compact Flash Image.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_field_notice09186a00801fb6bc.shtml