cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

How do I setup a local database on the PIX 515 to allow VPN user access. I am running 7.1(2).4Also, I've seen a lot of reference to ACS. Is this the best way for users to authenticate when connecting with a Cisco VPN client?Thanks.

Hi there,Very quick question.I have finally talked my MD into replacing our old hardware of the PIX 520 and VPN Conc 3000 at head office... they are falling apart.I'm going to replace with ASA.My question is should I get both a firewall and VPN editi...

wcurrie by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use an ASA as a tftp server?If so, is it possible to allow a device on the outside interface to connect via tftp and download an IOS image stored within the ASA flash?

We have several external databases in our ACS installation which are asked as external authentication source. Some users (800) which are currently dynamically found/mapped have been migrated to another external database. Can anyone give me a hint wha...

c.ohliger by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i need to renew a ssl certificate from a 3005 vpn concentrator, but since i never worked with this device, I'm not sure of the implication it might have.I've been looking through the documentation and configuration of the 3005 vpn, and it seems th...

Hi everybody:I want to backup some groups profiles from one VPN 3000 to a second VPN 3000, not all the configuration.Do you know if I can use some "parts" of a configuration file to apply it in a second VPN 300?Regards.

I am trying to find a solution for our disaster recovery site. We have 13 sites that have VPN tunnles back to the main site with OSPF and GRE tunnels for routing. I need to make a separate mirror site of the main site (ip addresses, VLANS, etc). Ho...

Hi,We have a traditional WAN running OSPF, has anyone tried backing up their links over the Internet.So, Remote site; something like a 2800 with a Serial & ADSL WIC. The Point-Point link goes to "datacenter a" and the VPN goes to an ASA at "datacnete...

Ive set up a RA connection from a laptop running the Cisco VPN client to an ASA 5510, using IPsec over UDP (port 7715). The tunnel sets up, but no traffic will pass over it. Checking the stats at both ends, I see traffic encrypted by the client, but ...

A question...I have a lan-lan VPN between a PIX and another VPN device. Lan-lan is fine. Need to add remote client access to the PIX (they will use cisco VPN client). The existing transform set for the lan-lan is 'esp-3des esp-sha-hmac'. I complet...

a.wheeler by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I have a Cisco 3725 multiservice access router and have clients dialing in to it. Currently all the users are using a type 7 password encryption. When I switch them to type 5, my clients are not able to authenticate with my router. Is there anyw...

fahmyaziz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,this is the problem:on a router i have configured both lan-to-lan VPN tunnels (GRE and IPSec) and remote-access (software VPN Client).i use a public loopback address as the endpoint of the GRE tunnels and therefore i use the commmand "cry...

There is 1 critical problem I?m facing. 1 Cisco 1751 Router is configured for Dial-in. Async interface 1 is connected to Telephone line. Now I connected another local telephone line to Laptop & configure the modem setting same as Router. Now I create...