cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Clients Cannot Communicate with each other

jrichterkessing
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue that I've been pulling my hair out on.....my telecommuters connect to our corp. network via an AnyConnect VPN connection (version 3.1) to a Cisco ASA5520. I do not have split tunneling enabled for this profile so all traffic should traverse the tunnel and all clients are in the same L3 subnet...as far as their VPN IP address goes. The problem is the telecommuter PCs cannot communicate with each other (pings/RDP/etc.). When watching the log I can see traffic sourced from one destined for another, nothing is getting denied, but they do not communicate. From my corp. network I can communicate with both Anyconnect PCs fine. When I go to Monitoring | Routes in ASDM I can see each host that is connected to the ASA via Anyconnect, and the gateway for each is the default gateway of the ASA.

Am I missing some setting in the VPN profile that is preventing access between these hosts? I would think something would show up in the log....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you enabled hairpinning and also a nat exempte between the AnyConnect users?

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

object network AnyConnect_users

subnet

nat (outside,outside) source static AnyConnect_users AnyConnect_users destination static AnyConnect_users AnyConnect_users

If this doesnt sort out your issue, please post a full sanitized configuration of your ASA.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Have you enabled hairpinning and also a nat exempte between the AnyConnect users?

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

object network AnyConnect_users

subnet

nat (outside,outside) source static AnyConnect_users AnyConnect_users destination static AnyConnect_users AnyConnect_users

If this doesnt sort out your issue, please post a full sanitized configuration of your ASA.

--

Thanks for the reply Marius! I fixed this by just running "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" on the ASA, I did not need to add the hairpin natting.

Thanks for the help....Jeff

Glad you got it working!

Thank you for rating the post.

--

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, i did what u suggested and the problem still remains, what else can i do?

Kind Regards

WS

Hi,

Start a new thread and post the config.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: