Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Profile Editor

tschroeder1973
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are a government organization/public agency in Germany and use the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.1.07021".

I am interested in buying a software licence for the "AnyConnect Profile Editor".    

First I searched this tool within the local installation's program folder, but I didn't found it.   

So I think I have to purchase this piece of software, is that right?

What does it cost?

Or is it "freeware"? If yes, where could I download it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thomas Schroeder

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

speritofthunder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thomas

This is free of charge. But you need to configure in ASA with ADSM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Adm

inistrator_Guide_4-0/anyconnect-profile-editor.html

This link hope helpful for your engineer team

Best Regards

WN

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

speritofthunder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thomas

This is free of charge. But you need to configure in ASA with ADSM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect40/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Adm

inistrator_Guide_4-0/anyconnect-profile-editor.html

This link hope helpful for your engineer team

Best Regards

WN

LSF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thomas,

You have to opitions, either edit the profiles via ASDM or by the standalone profile editor.

The software for the editor is available at cisco.com depending on your required version, for a standalone profile editor so you could make the necessary changes to a profile on your computer, and later upload the xml file to your ASAs

Cisco Systems

anyconnect-profileeditor-win-4.1.08005-k9.msi

the software is free of charge as long as you are covered with a service contract entitiling you to download software.

Best regards

Linda.

Is this the only way to get more than one connection in the dropdown-listbox, or is it possible to get the same result with editing/creating one ore more xml's with profile information (as it was possible in earlier versions of ACSM)?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

You should always have the AnyConnect VPN Profile present on the endpoint running AnyConnect for various configuration options.  If you have multiple head ends (ASA's) you simply populate the Server list in the profile.  If the user somehow receives more than one profile we will merge the server list however if one of the profiles is configured for Always-on the other profiles will be removed for security reasons.

The only way you would see a single connection without the AnyConnect VPN Profile is if you manually typed it in and then AC writes this to C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences_global.xml however you can only have on file and one connection.

ASDM Profile Editor Example for Server list.

vpnprofileExample.png

Best regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: