cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate validation failure

ishh
Level 1
Level 1

I have created Vpn profile on Asdm . There are already certificates available and installed .. Identity certificate and CA certificate,,

How I can use the existing certificate for authentication for my VPN profile . When you run VPN wizard , I named new profile name and pointed to device certificate ..and rest is all common steps I took that normally any network engineer used to create new Vpn Profile .. But I am still getting Certifcate validation failure error .. what is the best way to resolve this issue .. 

Thanks 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is error, do you have screenshot for us to look

or follow below step guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Error says , No valid certificates available for authentication .. 

the guidelines mentioned in above link are for how to install certificate ... 

But I want to know if I can use existing certificates those are installed and valid and not expired for any new any connect vpn profile for authentication or not 

But I want to know if I can use existing certificates those are installed and valid and not expired for any new any connect vpn profile for authentication or not 

what kind of cert is this ?

Error says , No valid certificates available for authentication .. 

This means something wrong with Certiificate, you need to issue the certificate to user, and installed on the device you trying to connect.

I have provided the document for reference to install Certs - for reference, in case any steps missed.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help