cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Control SSL VPN profile user access.

nsiddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

I have two ssl vpn profile, can I restricts user to access only one ssl vpn profile when they get the ssl vpn service page. Each profile I create different type of access and they will get different client IP address.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gustavo Medina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, with many different ways; one of them is by using group-lock which is a simple check to validate if the Tunnel Group or Connection Profile as you called it you connect with matches what you have  defined under the group-policy. If the Tunnel-Group-Lock value  matches  (true condition), the VPN remote access session is allowed to setup;  otherwise the session is not allowed to establish.

The tunnel-group-lock featurecan be set in the following ways:

• via group-policy setting locally on ASA
  • via LDAP attribute
  • via Radius attribute

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/vpngrp.html#wp1134870

***Step 4

Regards,

View solution in original post

Hi,

You can do that.

e.g.

Username cisco password cisco

username cisco attriubutes

group-lock

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.:please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Hi,

That is nice.. Please mark this thread as answered so that others can benefit from your post.

Regards,

Anisha

Right, remember to rate the posts that help you and mark your questions as resolved if you don't need further help.

7 Replies 7

Gustavo Medina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, with many different ways; one of them is by using group-lock which is a simple check to validate if the Tunnel Group or Connection Profile as you called it you connect with matches what you have  defined under the group-policy. If the Tunnel-Group-Lock value  matches  (true condition), the VPN remote access session is allowed to setup;  otherwise the session is not allowed to establish.

The tunnel-group-lock featurecan be set in the following ways:

• via group-policy setting locally on ASA
  • via LDAP attribute
  • via Radius attribute

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/vpngrp.html#wp1134870

***Step 4

Regards,

Thanks, I created local users in ASA, I am not using LDAP or RADIUS server. Am I still be able to use group-lock command?

Yes, absolutely.

Hi,

You can do that.

e.g.

Username cisco password cisco

username cisco attriubutes

group-lock

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.:please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

With your help I am able to find the answer.

username cisco password cisco

username cisco attributes
      service-type remote-access
      group-policy VPN_Inside attributes
      group-lock value VPN_Inside

Thank you all.

Hi,

That is nice.. Please mark this thread as answered so that others can benefit from your post.

Regards,

Anisha

Right, remember to rate the posts that help you and mark your questions as resolved if you don't need further help.