cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easy vpn client router

relsethagen
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an 1811 router as an easy VPN client with and ASA 5520 serving as the Easy VPN server. I have a working configuration on the router, but am frustrated by the fact that I am required to perform the "crypto ipsec client ezvpn xauth" and enter the user name and password from the command from the CLI in order to bring up the VPN. I have configured the ASA to allow the client to store the username and password, and have configured a username and password under the crypto ipsec client ezvpn configuration, and it now holds and uses these credentials if I clear the tunnel, but if I reset the router I have to manually enter the credentials again. I cannot deploy these in this manner. is there a way short of turning off the xauth requirement to make the 1811 pass the credentials automatically.

1 Reply 1

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ... usually the xauth is used for roaming vpn clients. I guess the issue you are having is the fact that the credentials are probably not saved to the start up config on your router .. Maybe you could try entering those credentials manually and making sure they are saved the startup config and then reload the router to see whether the tunnel comes up.

I hope it helps ... please rate it if it does !!!