cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G703 unframed connection

james.barton
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying, without much success to try and find a solution for connecting a Cisco 2620XM router to a 2mb Circuit that is presented as G703 unframed (the physical presentation is RJ45 - 120 Ohm unbalanced). Could anyone suggest an appropriate card and connecting cable (RJ45-RJ45) to use in this situation?

5 Replies 5

Thanks for your response. I have already tried three different cards in the back of the Cisco 2600 router. The first was a basic WIC-1T card with X21 connection, the second was a VWIC-1MFT-E1 card and the last was VWIC-1MFT-G703 card. I was unable to configure the E1 controller as unframed when using the VWIC-1MFT-E1 card as it would only allow me to configure framed channel-groups. I did manage to configure an unframed channel-group when configuring the VWIC-1MFT-G703 card, however when it was plugged into the circuit the controller would not come up and there was an alarm light (AL) on the back of the card. I used the cable CAB-E1-RJ45TE= to connect the VWIC card to the RJ45 presentation for the circuit.

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

(1)I dont know which country standards you are using, but in mine(India), we are doing following config for a unframed PRI.

(2)Also you have not mentioned that you want to configure PRI for voice or data?

(3)The cable for MFT cards is a simple RJ-45 cable in which out of 8 pins you only have to use 4.

1,2 for RX and 4,5 for TX.

(4)Mentioned below is for 2Mbps data which I configure and it works:

"card type e1

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31 speed 64

linecode HDB3

clock source line

framing no-CRC4

int s0:15

ip add

encap

"

.................thats it.If every thing is properly configured then the AL led will go off.

Pls revert back in case of any problem.

Pls rate helpful posts.

REgards

JD

Thanks for you reply.

(1) The country we are working in is France. The Circuit goes between the UK and France.

(2) This is not a PRI as far as I know. We are using this a PTP serial link at a speed of 2mb. I have tried using the two types of linecode that are available to me in the software: AMI and HDB3.

(3) Is the cable that I mentioned in my last message the correct one? (CAB-E1-RJ45TE=) or should I use another e.g. CAB-E1-RJ45NT?

(4) I have tried the configuration example you have given when configuring the E1 type card. When configuring the G703 card I used:

router(config)#controller E1 0/0

channel-group 0 unframed

interface serial0/0:0

ip address

The controller would not come up as it stated that it was not receiving a signal.

Hi

(1)Since its a P2P link, What is the termination type at your end?Is it on a modem or a simple 4 wire copper has been laid at your end?

(2)If its a E1 termination, then the config I have given will definately work.

(3)IF its a normal p2p link, then you need to install the modems at both the ends and they will be terminated on a router's serial(WIC) card.In that case , please tell us its a ppp or frame-relay connectivity?

Plsease confirm above, then we will proceed further.

Regards

JD