Helpful
Replies

Linksys BEFSX41 VPN to Pix 515E

rod.caglia
Level 1
Level 1

I've been scouring forums and the cisco website to get this vpn going now for

about a week. Total newbie to vpn's :o

I have a 515E at my main site and a couple remotes with linksys befsx41 vpn routers on cable and dsl. The Pix has 3 interfaces, outside, dmz and inside.

I have succesfully setup the Pix for pptp and ipsec using the Cisco Vpn client and was able to access the internal network ok. Now I'm trying to get the linksys connected with no luck. Just to make sure I didn't have any overlapping configurations, I no'd all the vpn client setup to bring the Pix back to a clean config before trying to setup the ipsec site to site.

My main goal is to have the linksys routers initiate the connection and allow 3 or 4 users access over the tunnel to the main site.

Anyone who can guide me in the right direction without having to get my CCIE first I would appreciate it!

TIA

Rod

79 Replies 79

roi_diego
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to have this information, because I will do this on my network. Please let me know the way to configure these equipments

cullan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rod,

A very popular topic it seems - interestingly I had a Cisco engineer work on this for 3 hours yesterday with the end result being that something must be wrong with the linksys device.

It seems that we experienced identical symptoms in terms of Phase 1 establishing but Phase 2 never quite making it through to conclusion.

Anyway, I'd be much obliged if you could pass along your configuration knowledge on this to my e-mail address - cullan@unikoan.com.

Many thx,

Chris

Chris:

I am having the same issue... did you manage to solve it?? can I have the configs?? the strange thing is that few months ago I tried the same and it worked fine... but suddenly it stopped working and now it freezes on phase 2!...

Thanks a lot!

Luis

pbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Rod,

Can you send me the configs you used in your Linksys to PIX setup? Did you ever resonve the tunnel hanging problem?

Thanks,

Patrick Brown

dadams
Level 1
Level 1

Please send me a copy of the PIX and Linksys configs if you don't mind. My e-mail is dadams@tumi.com

TIA,

Dean

I would love it if you can send it to me to. jamie.haggett@logicorp.ca

Thanks

abdi.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please send me the configuration of the BEFSX41 and the PIX? Thanks in advance and here my email: Ali_abdi@email.com

neilsw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rod,

I'm trying to configure a vpn tunnel from a PIX 515 to a Linksys BEFVP41 and I can't get it to work, could you please e-mail me a copy of the configs you used? nswanson@onelinecom.com

timm.benkula
Level 1
Level 1

Is it still possible to get a copy of these configs?

Thanks,

timm.benkula@galvnews.com

Timm. I could never make the connection succesfully. People who told me that they could make it, didn´t send me a configuration. My experience is that it doesn´t work. I replace de BEFSX41 with BEFVP41 and it works.

If you want the configuratios, I can send them to you.

Let me know. Regards.

Same issue here 515e and a Linksys BEFVP41. Would appreicte the configs. awilde@rpscorp.com

Thanks!

Could you please email me the VPN config for the pix and the BEFVP41. I've been unseccessful in setting up a VPN btw the 2 devices. Also the Firmware version of BEFVP41 would be nice.

Thank You.

m.milano
Level 1
Level 1

Rod. I tried to make up a VPN tunnel between Pix 515E and BEFSX41 but it didn´t work. I have to buy BEFVP41. With this model, the VPN is working. I attach you the configurations.

Regards.

Has anyone been able to set up a site-to-site tunnel between a Linksys BEFSX41 and a PIX 515E? I noticed that some of the posts mentioned that the BEFVP41 worked, but the BEFSX41 wasn't.

Hi,

I want the config too. Can someone send me the config for Cisco and Linksys router? Many Thanks.

mailto: samuelit@netvigator.com

Sam.