cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN CLient and Win XP SP2 Failure

gbuetow
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client running Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3 (f) on WIN XP. Everything worked fine until he upgraded to SP2. Disabled the WIN XP "Internet Connection Firewall" and still had problems. The log on the VPN 3030 Concentrator shows that all of the steps are taking place and a session is set up but about 15 seconds later, the session is terminated with the reason stated as: User Requested. Help!!!

5 Replies 5

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

If you are using 'IPSEC ver TCP' then it's quiet likely that you are running into CSCef44186 - Windows XP SP2 VPN IPSEC/TCP. The workaround is to add a rule in the Microsoft firewall to allow UDP 62515.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am trying to contact the client and have him make the change. I will let you know the result.

Thanks again for your interest in assisting me. I was finally able to get another PC and modem connection and tested the configuration myself. I did not have a problem. I contacted the client and now he believes the problem is with his notebook. Thanks, again.

Josef Oduwo
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Gary

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to SP2. I uninstalled the client and re-installed to find it working fine. You might want to get v4.04 while you are at it...

avagoodweekend,

Josef.

ps - rate the post if it helps! :)

Thank you for your suggestion. I finally was able to get another PC and modem line and was able to do some testing myself. I disabled the Windows Firewall in WIN XP SP2 and loaded Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3(f) and was able to connect without a problem. I spoke with the client that was having the problem and now he thinks the problem is with his notebook. I really appreciate you attempting to assist me.