cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnel

altaf007
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup vpn tunnel between vpn hardware client 3002 and vpn concentrator 3030. There is a Marconi Video conference device behind vpn 3002 hardware client. There is another marconi video conference device behind vpn concentrator. When connection are made, the video and voice quality is very bad. Video is broken and voice is bad too.

When connection is made without going through vpn tunnel, it works fine. Video and voice quality is very good.

Any ideas, what cause video and voice quality to go bad.

I have setup this scenerio in lab so bandwidh is 100MB all the way. There is no QOS, no ACL, etc. Here is my lab setup

Marconi video device......>vpn 3002....>router....>router......>VPN3030.....>Marconi video device

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

You need to implement a priority scheme (LLQ for example) on the Internet router so that you can prioritize video traffic over all other traffic destined for the Internet.

suresharja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

apply the following command on tunnel interface.

ip tcp adjust-mss 1436

Or

ip mtu 1524

Regards....

suresh arja

pkokhan
Level 1
Level 1

QoS is useless unless the demand for bandwidth is higher than you have available, so the queuing starts. If you have 100M - QoS issues may be ruled out. I suspect that the video/voice problems is caused by encryption/decryption delay. Try to configure weaker or no encryption and see if it improves. Also check speed/duplex settings everywhere - maybe you have a mismatch.