cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BIOS Firmware update performed, still Ironport says "upgrade available"

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded my two S160 with the BIOS Firmware Update for S160/C160/M160. After reboot the S160's says "update available". I have checked the "remove this alert...". When I go to Available upgrades the BIOS Firmware is still lised as available, even though I have installed it. I am running AsyncOS 7.5.1-079 for web. What is the problem?

Another thing I noticed is that the AsyncOS 7.5.7, 7.7.0 and 7.7.5 is not listed as available upgrades.                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That the BIOS still shows after install is covered on page 3 of the Release Notes for the BIOS update:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/content_security/bios_firmware_updates/content_security_BIOS_firmware_update_release_notes.pdf

7.7.5 is what's on the WSA virtual machine, so you won't get that until you go virtual.

You don't want 7.7.0 yet... unless you have something specific you need fixed.  I've got one outstanding bug and run across a couple of others that we were able to workaround...   Let it cook a little longer.

Ken

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

If you are worried about the Bios update not going away we can have it removed. You will need to open up a TAC Support ticket for that though.

As for why 7.5.7, 7.7.0 and 7.7.5 not showing up.  They are all FCS code and not GA (General Availability).  This means that in order to see the code your boxes will have to be provisioned for it.  To get your boxes provisioned you have to be hitting a critical bug that requires the code.  The only other possibility is to contact your sales team and see if they can get your boxes provsioned.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

That the BIOS still shows after install is covered on page 3 of the Release Notes for the BIOS update:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/content_security/bios_firmware_updates/content_security_BIOS_firmware_update_release_notes.pdf

7.7.5 is what's on the WSA virtual machine, so you won't get that until you go virtual.

You don't want 7.7.0 yet... unless you have something specific you need fixed.  I've got one outstanding bug and run across a couple of others that we were able to workaround...   Let it cook a little longer.

Ken

Just as an FYI.  x60 appliances are not End of Life.  They announcment for when End of Life would be, came on May 11, 2012.  The boxes will continue to be suppored until 2017.  The Software maintenance releases will continue until 2015.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP