Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA automatic configuration backups

Ermir Morina
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, 

I have an issue with my newly installed WSA (AsyncOS 12.5), I see no option to automatically backup my configs on gui.

Is there a way to script something or any "hidden" option that might help me to "fix" this issue?

Looking forward to your replies!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi bandi, 

Thank you a lot for your reply, so I was wondering if there is another guide or something newer and explained better, because i read that one article and it was from 2011, just wanted to check if somebody has tried another method or something more recently?

Kind regards,

Ermir.

here 12.5 version outpuit :

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Bottom of page 4. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa_12-0/WSA_12-0_Release_Notes.pdf

In 12.0.1 they moved the backup config to System Administration/Configuration File screen.  It was originally implemented as part of the log subscriptions but it makes more sense to be on this screen.

I think you misunderstood me, sorry if I was unclear with my request and explanation of the problem.

I have a problem with scheduling automatic backups, because there is no such option on the gui or any official guide by CISCO regarding that process, you can only do manual backups and that is not convenient for me and my client.

If there is any other info or any guide that you used or read please contact me.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort, I appreciate it.

If you looking Autobackup (have you used before any time ) - personally there is no option that trigger the configuratrion backup as i know.

the configuration will bas saved in the kit only, but you can offload the config to SCP/FTP Server configuration

or you can use earlier thread provided autobackup script out of the box.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Also, check the How To. On the right side of the screen, there is a blue tab labeled "How-Tos"

Click on it, then look at the topics.

You should see one labeled Perform Automatic Configuration Backup to Remote Server.

It will actually walk you through it, step-by-step/click-by-click.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: