Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avatar image could not be uploaded

When I am trying to change the profile picture in the webex application from the 'Edit Profile' then I am getting the error as  "Avatar image could not be uploaded." 

Tried via the login and accessing Webex via browser as well but there it does not return any error at all, selecting the new image just does nothing and does not update the Avatar.

Please check and help.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 12.24.43 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

As your an end user I would recommend you to reach out to the corporate administrators for your environment to ask for help on this.

Control Hub is the administrative instance for Webex.

Directory Connector is a system that is used to automate user creation in Control Hub based on information in Active Directory (AD).

If your company uses Director Connector it could be so that your administrators have set it up to also synchronise the pictures of users from AD. If so you would not be able to change it in the Webex application, you’ll need to update it on your user account in AD. This should bring it over to Control Hub at the next synchronisation.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

If you do use Directory Connector please look at this post. It contains the information about what you ask about. https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-administration/webex-teams-avatar-upload/m-p/4079486#M1287

Response Signature

Do you by any chance use Directory Connector to connect you AD to Control Hub?

Response Signature

Hey, I have no idea what is "Directory Connector", "AD", "Control Hub" from your reply to "Directory Connector to connect you AD to Control Hub?"

If you can help me with these terms and where to look for these things?

I am just a user trying to change my profile picture in Webex and unable to do so.

As your an end user I would recommend you to reach out to the corporate administrators for your environment to ask for help on this.

Control Hub is the administrative instance for Webex.

Directory Connector is a system that is used to automate user creation in Control Hub based on information in Active Directory (AD).

If your company uses Director Connector it could be so that your administrators have set it up to also synchronise the pictures of users from AD. If so you would not be able to change it in the Webex application, you’ll need to update it on your user account in AD. This should bring it over to Control Hub at the next synchronisation.

Response Signature

OR are you saying that whether to allow changing the avatar or not is controlled by the admin of the company under which I am accessing the Webex as a user and it should be allowed by admin to change the Avatar?

If that is the case then it's wrong to have such kind of controls for admin just for changing or delete my own Avatar/profile picture.