cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cancel meetings in Webex Teams

cheer
Level 1
Level 1

I have some old meetings that I've removed from Outlook but are still showing in Webex Teams.  I get daily popups from Teams for meetings I do not attend.  The problem is, I can't figure out how to remove those meetings.  I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but how do I delete a meeting for an account I am no longer assigned to?

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @cheer, I understand your frustration over different marketing terms for Webex Teams, Webex App, Webex Meetings App or just Webex and so on. This has been an issue to many users and believe me it's even hard for Partners explaining it to customers every time marketing team makes announcement related to Webex. I have been doing this since Cisco Spark.

Lets leave behind the naming or marketing issue which is not in our control and focus on your problem. As I understand, you still get meeting notification from Webex (Teams) App even though there is no meeting in your Outlook Calendar. Do you see that meeting in your Webex App calendar? Have you tried logging out from App or uninstalling and installing it back? What version of Webex App you are using? 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

You canā€™t do that. AFAIK only the account that created the meeting(s) can remove it. Apart from that there isnā€™t anything named Webex Teams anymore. Itā€™s soon a year ago since Cisco dropped Teams from the name. As of late November/early December 2020 itā€™s named just Webex.

Response Signature

Well that's a horrible design decision.  Why wouldn't you want attendees to be able to delete meeting reminders?  I cannot imagine a scenario where that's the desired behavior.

And regardless of what marketing is calling anything, I felt it important in this discussion to distinguish between the "app formerly known as teams" and, I guess, the "app formerly known as Webex Meetings," which also pops up meeting reminders, but at least it doesn't remind me about meetings no longer in my calendar.

In any case, it seems the only solution is to uninstall...whatever it's called now.  It's a poor substitute for MS Teams anyway (which, given how much Webex has always outclassed MS's web conference solutions up to now, is kind of sad).