cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make team members start the meeting

rsharma2
Level 1
Level 1

How do I make my team members start the meeting without host joining it.?

2 Accepted Solutions

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Check the below link for your answer.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX63066/How-Do-I-Enable-the-Join-Before-Host-Option-for-Personal-Conferencing

Pls rate if Its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

View solution in original post

You can join meeting before host join if you want to start meeting without host you required host key just put 6 digit host key on Participant>Reclaim Host Role section you will become a host and then can start meeting.

Host key generally sent on Host email so pls contact who is hosting/scheduling that meeting for Host Key or you can contact with WebEx Administrator Team they have Host key detail for all schedules meetings.

Once get Host Key just click on participant then Reclaim Host Role

02AEADE4-EAB7-4C44-869A-2604A0F433B5.jpeg

then you will become a Host for that Meeting.

Pls rate all helpful post!!

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Are you looking for an option to start the meeting by  you're colleagues without the host , or is it participants  able to join the meeting before host joins. what's your exact requirement ?

Response Signature

Yes , the invitees should be able to open the bridge in case the host is not there\.

AFAIk Participants can join the meeting, but they cannot start the meeting. if you participants can start  the meeting without the host there is no security in such meetings. 

Response Signature

"Join the meeting but cannot start.."  how is that possible. Start has to precede join

You can join meeting before host join if you want to start meeting without host you required host key just put 6 digit host key on Participant>Reclaim Host Role section you will become a host and then can start meeting.

Host key generally sent on Host email so pls contact who is hosting/scheduling that meeting for Host Key or you can contact with WebEx Administrator Team they have Host key detail for all schedules meetings.

Once get Host Key just click on participant then Reclaim Host Role

02AEADE4-EAB7-4C44-869A-2604A0F433B5.jpeg

then you will become a Host for that Meeting.

Pls rate all helpful post!!

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Only host can start the meeting, but participants can join the meeting and wait till host joins. 

But  if some one want to start  the meeting on behalf of host, follow the below guide. 

Is There a Way for Someone to Conduct My Meeting if they do not Have a Host Account?

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX51079/Is-There-a-Way-for-Someone-to-Conduct-My-Meeting-if-they-do-not-Have-a-Host-Account

A host key is a six-digit code generated when a Webex session is scheduled. The host can use the host key to reclaim the host role within a live session, or it can be used to start a meeting from a video system. The option has to be enabled within the Cisco Webex Meetings Site Administration page to include the host key within-host emails.

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Check the below link for your answer.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX63066/How-Do-I-Enable-the-Join-Before-Host-Option-for-Personal-Conferencing

Pls rate if Its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Thanks, It helps

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.