cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing a meeting created by someone else

fred2020
Level 1
Level 1

I had a series of meetings created by someone else. The meeting was originally scheduled and accepted in Outlook (integrated with Webex). The organizer of the meeting left the company and I have removed the meetings from my Outlook calendar. However, an annoying meeting reminder keeps popping out every day.

I have accessed the web interface looking for an option to remove that meeting from my Webex calendar but there is no option to do that when the meeting is organized by someone else.

Being dismissed from a meeting invitation is an option that any user should have. It is a basic calendar management feature that should be part of any meeting product. Probably I'm not being able to find it (in which case the usability of the product is not very friendly). On the other hand, approaching the Webex administrator in a big organization is not a good practice for this kind of scenario. Please somebody can point me the procedure to remove those meetings (organized by someone else who is no longer in the organization)?

I have tried adding the meeting invite back into outlook and then removing again from there (also removing from Outlook OWA) but in any case, there is no way to remove the meeting from Webex and it keeps appearing in my daily reminders.

Thanks in advance for the help!

30 Replies 30

dbruno
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing...and you're right, it doesn't make sense.

rob_robertson
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact issue  Greg Nielsen has - Help chat said "it is a recurring meeting which you are trying to remove and the host has not cancelled the entire series, It will be removed once the host will delete the entire series" - according to that, they can't just update the end-date of the recurrence, they have to delete the entire series. Makes no sense.

Greg Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

I just created an account on here for the sole purpose of voting this issue up.

The company I work for also has integrated calendars between Outlook and Webex. Every morning, we have a stand up meeting. My manager created a 9am standup on Outlook which also created an event on Webex.  He then cancelled the meeting on Outlook so that our scrum master could create and own the meeting. The scrum master then created a 9am standup on Outlook which also created an event on Webex. He later cancelled that meeting and created a new one  at the same time (I don't know why, but he did). 

Now, our scrum master cancelled the 9am standup (on Outlook) to split the team up into two standups, so our new meeting is at 9:15am.  Every single day, I get THREE pop-ups at 9am telling me that I have THREE different standups.  I cannot remove these events from my Webex calendar, so I cannot stop these reminders from interrupting my work. This is basic calendar management, and this is unacceptable.

EDIT: I just met with my manager and scrum master to see if they could delete the 9am standup events on Webex. They shared their screens, and they are not able to see any events scheduled for 9am.  Therefore, they are not able to delete the events for everyone else.  Multiple employees have confirmed that they are experiencing this same issue.

Another note: If I open the Webex in the browser, I am not able to see the cancelled events. If I open Webex Meetings, I am not able to see the cancelled events. I am only seeing  the cancelled events on Webex Teams.

The same issue... It is basic functionality. Very, very poor, that Cisco does not provide it

I have the exact issue  you have - Help desk chat said "it is a recurring meeting which you are trying to remove and the host has not cancelled the entire series, It will be removed once the host will delete the entire series" - according to that, they can't just update the end-date of the recurrence, they have to delete the entire series. Makes no sense. Haven't tried it yet to see if this solution is correct.

dbruno
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the very same issue and the host is on medical leave for months and his meetings keep showing up and there's no way to remove them.  This seriously should be an option for all users...very frustrating!!

Another capability unrelated to this since I'm on here, is the profile photo options.  Editing or resize to fit option interface and also if you want to not have a photo for awhile or never, you should have that option.  What if you have a deformity due to an accident and you're self-conscious about your appearance and don't want to have your old photo up anymore for awhile?  You're stuck with no flexibility to remove meetings or photos.  This really should be looked into and implemented!!!

Sorry...I replied and used it as a venting session...but I haven't found a solution to either of these issues.

NitinRawat12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here you can delete or deactivate the account of the user from the Webex Control Hub. Because as per my knowledge the only host can delete the scheduled meetings.

In the cisco Webex event case, we can reassign the owner of the Event from the control hub. But this is not possible in the cisco meeting.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This sort of scenario requires the Administrator.

Please see the following document for assistance - https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX67686/How-Do-I-Delete-a-Deactivated-Host-s-Meeting-on-an-SSO-site

This does not help.  This has nothing to do with a deactivated user.  This is about having control over my own meeting calendar.

There is no excuse for not allowing or providing for this functionality.

Thanks for your feedback.

However, as I stated this is not a solution since it requires to be (or to involve) an administrator. The document says:

Site Administrators only

Note: If the host account that has scheduled the meeting is deactivated, the account will need to be activated prior to performing the steps in this article.

Makes no sense at all in an enterprise product like this to be completely unable to manage your own calendar and to require a site administrator to do it for you.  That's completely inefficient from an organizational perspective and denotes a rigid software approach.