cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Control Hub - Local Account

Robert Knebel
Level 1
Level 1

I have been searching through the documentation provided and not finding what I need. We are using Extron equipment in a training/classroom and the video conferencing piece is WebEx. We need an account to have administrative permissions to the WebEx Room Kit + Codec portal. Does anyone know if there is an option to set up a local administrative account for this without having to have a service e-mail account?

1 Accepted Solution

Did you look at the screen shot that Wade posted? The user tab he is talking about is in the local admin of the Codec. No e-mail is required.

Are you asking to create a user account in control hub that has access to a local device? If so, I do not believe that is possible as not only is there no way to create a user without an e-mail, there is no way to selectively associate that as ad admin to a specific device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

In the device portal, there is a section for "Users" where you can create local user accounts. Make sure they are marked as active.

Is that what you're looking for?

Wade H.,

I'm aware of that process. The local account that I was searching for did not use an e-mail address for authentication. It would be contained within the Control Hub only. I'm not finding that as an option.

Did you look at the screen shot that Wade posted? The user tab he is talking about is in the local admin of the Codec. No e-mail is required.

Are you asking to create a user account in control hub that has access to a local device? If so, I do not believe that is possible as not only is there no way to create a user without an e-mail, there is no way to selectively associate that as ad admin to a specific device.

ParkCountyOffice,

I didn't catch that part. I'm looking now and see that option within the Local Device Control. Thank you for the direction.