Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex CVI and OBTP issue

por_msne03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have enabled CVI and hybrid calendar for obtain OBTP in my organization, it working fine.

But when I have forward invitations scheduled from outside of my Microsoft organization to the device, and add the following command: Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "room" -ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $True

The OBTP not show on the screen, any idea or suggestion?

5 Replies 5

jasminba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

thank you very much for this topic and help. I have registered two rooms with CVI and hybrid calendar - and unfortunately the same issue. If I invite the room via Microsoft calendar from an internal user. It works - the button is visible. When I setup a team meeting from an external user (I created a test account with a different domain) than no chance- you see the meeting on the Display but the button is missing. When I setup the room resource on the Microsoft portal I exactly followed 1:1 the description. The last command I entered in the PowerShell was:

Spoiler
Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity "My Room" -AutomateProcessing AutoAccept -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -DeleteComments $false -DeleteSubject $false -ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $true -RemovePrivateProperty $false -AddAdditionalResponse $true -AdditionalResponse "This is a Microsoft Teams Meeting room!"

It was accepted by the system but still nor button to join.

When I enter the teams-App with the Room account I see the meeting in the calendar and I can join via the Teams-APP

Any ideas? I already asked the cisco support but no answer for one week.

Thanks J

Thanks so much for the post!  We were having this exact problem and have been tearing our hair out.  We just ran that command on a test room and bingo the Join button came up as expected.

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

I had the problem, that the "Join" button is not showing, because the following command was not set:

In order for OBTP to work consistently on invited devices, you must ensure that the mail system does not have a policy to automatically delete meeting comments. The following PowerShell command ensures that comments are retained so that the Hybrid Calendar Service can use them to process meetings:

Set-CalendarProcessing -identity "room" -DeleteComments $false

After the MS guy entered the command, the button was there.

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

malbaiti1
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any email filtering changing the invite URL? Does all external invites fail?

you might need to check on that.

Is there any workaround if the customer have email based security enabled?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.