cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Teams takes up to much screen space (real estate)

ILuisP
Level 1
Level 1

This is a very frustrating daily occurrence. It would mean a great deal to me and many others if you can design the Teams application to allow for customizations to the UI so that one can create the most minimalistic view possible.

I understand that what we have today requires more screen space to operate because of its browser-like operation. However, you could allow for a much simpler option that still gives you the option to double-click to get the more advanced, modern browser like view.

Below is a view of WebEx Teams, and two chat session windows, minimized as much as possible. You can see that dearly all of my monitor is consumed by the space. In addition, while WebEx Teams (bottom panel) allows for the footprint you see, it is not able to format the text properly without a considerable amount of tweaking (which can be reset on updates).

Long ago, Cerulean Studios created Trillian, a feature rich, multi-client, efficient solution. The amount of space that Trillian Pro 3 took was minimal. When you conducted a chat, the window opened so that you can conduct your communications.  The screen space it took is what I am used to, and I had no problems with how to find the people I wanted to communicate with nor the messages that were sent.

Screenshot of WebEx Teams and two Chats from my computer.

ILuisP_1-1719231418374.png

Screenshot is of Trillian 2 (SS by TechWareLabs)

sn_full.jpg

Other things I would love to see resolved:

1. Robust copy-n-paste that does not loose for matting from common applications (example, Tables from web or Excel spreadsheets).
  2. Easier formatting capabilities (I have had to switch to Markdown formatting in order to make things look right. I should not have to.).
  3. Allow us to choose if the settings in WebEx Teams are reset after an update or logging out. Example is the option to show my camera, which keeps getting set to ON in Calling (Incoming Calls) and to Use my last join options in Meetings (Join Options > Meeting join options).

There is probably more, but I'll reach back out at a later time. Please let me know if you would like me to submit the last three items separately.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter of concern.

2 Replies 2

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Y'all need to submit something to Aha so the developers will get an idea of the pain you are feeling.

User Community Feedback (aha.io)

Jennifer-Bartel
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, I am in healthcare and need all the space I have.  We don't even have capabilities to make video calls, yet every time I make a regular call, the large video screen comes up with the calling screen.  I finally have just the calling dock coming up by itself, even that though cannot be resized and there is 3 inches of wasted space.  Things are supposed to get better not worse...