Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID showing incorrect name.

Hi

We have a customer who when she makes an outbound call to an android phone, the caller ID shows up as 'Martin'. There is no 'Martin' set up in the portal and the telephone number is assigned to her, with no masking etc. Curiously this doesn't happen when calling an iphone.

The receivers do not have her number saved under any name in their contact list.

5 Replies 5

FYI the issue lay with Samsung Smartcall. Submitted a request through the Hiya db to have this historical info removed, and have had this confirmed.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Is it for all Android phones or just for one specific one? Is it happening for the same user when using an iphone or is the called user another in that Android scenario? Does it also happen when calling the Android user on a Webex desktop app client?

It's purely out to Android mobiles from any platform that the display on Android shows 'Martin'

poshgecko
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.
Version: 12.5.1.14900-63 for me

Same type of issue here. Unknown phone type externally though as it appears to be more than one external users.
Checked Translation Pattern, CallerID setting for end user, their extension, and the users phone.
I do not see any setting that would show something other than what is set.

I also can't seem to replicate the issue when they call my personal cell or desk phone. Could this be an issue with the number provider of the external phone that is receiving the call?

I am not fully versed in the Cisco CUCM but can work my way around it.
Let me know if I need to attach any logs/configs

Thank you anyone in advance!

This forum is more for Webex Calling. If you're referring to a local UCM installation, you may try asking the guys over in the Collaboration, voice and Video forum: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/ct-p/4691-collaboration-voice-video