cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Expiration A certificate is about to expire. Pleas update

Mayham
Level 1
Level 1

I have 14 endpoint registered to the WebEx Control Hub giving me this error of Certificate Expiration A certificate is about to expire. Please update. This error is not just with a type of endpoint but a few different models like a codec plus, room kit mini, codec pro, etc. AsI look deeper into it the only cert on the units are a self signed cert from when I registered it to the Webex control hub. TAC is telling me to wipe all 14 of these units to factory defaults and re-configure them to the WEbEx Control Hub. Plus, as I look at other devices not throwing off this error, they will be soon do to that self signed cert is expiring soon on them. 

Just wondering if anyone has run into this or have gotten a GOOD TAC person to assist rather than just telling me to wipe it to factory defaults and start over. 

Thanks

Mayham

1 Accepted Solution

Mayham
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed this issue after talking with the top dog from TAC. All video endpoints registered to the webex hub get self signed certs.

This issue is caused due to the bug CSCwa53477,

The self-signed certificate is set to generate once a year, in case that it lapses in the beginning of the year (January) you will start to see this message 21 days before the certificate lapses.

Nevertheless the certificate will be regenerated during the first reboot in the new year, so you may reboot the unit after the 1st of January to get the warning removed.

As mentioned on the bug this certificate is used for web (https), so the impact experienced if the certificate expires is that if you try to access to the Web UI of the endpoint then you will receive a warning on the web browser indicating that the certificate of the site has expired.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mayham
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed this issue after talking with the top dog from TAC. All video endpoints registered to the webex hub get self signed certs.

This issue is caused due to the bug CSCwa53477,

The self-signed certificate is set to generate once a year, in case that it lapses in the beginning of the year (January) you will start to see this message 21 days before the certificate lapses.

Nevertheless the certificate will be regenerated during the first reboot in the new year, so you may reboot the unit after the 1st of January to get the warning removed.

As mentioned on the bug this certificate is used for web (https), so the impact experienced if the certificate expires is that if you try to access to the Web UI of the endpoint then you will receive a warning on the web browser indicating that the certificate of the site has expired.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

We had a certificate expiry at the former BroadCloud provisioning server -- took some time until TAC understood what to do, but then there was a quick solution

In your case, this seems to be related to the Webex Room devices/Webex Meetings, but not to Webex Calling. Maybe it is a good idea to move the thread into another forum in oder to reach the experts over there?