Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Lines and/or Line Monitoring on Webex App

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Are Shared Lines and Line Monitoring supported with the Webex App?  Documentation for Shared Lines refers only to desk phones. Line Monitoring doesn't explicitly do so, but gives no indication of where a monitored line would appear on the app.

I saw a comment from a few months ago saying shared lines not yet supported on the app, but yesterday during a screen sharing session with TAC she showed she had lines L1 and L2 available down the bottom, where I see "Call Settings"

If these are supported, could someone do me a favour and point to the documentation?

Thanks, Tony S

7 Replies 7

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

So more constructively what is the best way of handling a shared mailbox, so that each interested user can immediately see if an unread message is sitting there? A shared line was recommended as the solution, but if that works only for desk phones then it is not the complete answer.

Agree. Upvote https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COLLAB-I-14623

An email box shared among all users that should have access and forwadding vociemails in there. Totally un-webex-way..

So currently the only way to access a shared mailbox is by dialling its extension and entering its PIN.  That's not going to work for our helpdesk, we can't expect everyone to have to constantly actively check the mailbox.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a dead end for us, we may need to look for another product.

I've added my vote to the request you linked, although since that suggestion dates back to October with no indication that it will be actioned, I don't hold out much hope.  I see the other one, multi line support for Webex app has been listed as "planned" since last June.

A solution to your case can be a 3rd party custom Webex Teams BOT application.

The BOT application can monitor the mailbox and notify the user in the Webex Teams that there are new unread messages in the mailbox.

For more details you can write to info@parsec-tech.com

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Currently, Shared Lines are only available for UCM-C, not for Webex Calling. I hope it will make it soon to WxC as well, but AFAIk there is no commited date yet.

Exec/Assistant does work with WxC, but that's probably a misuse of that feature..

Thanks, although that's another disappointment. UCM Cloud has minimum order of 250 users. I would have thought there would be plenty of smaller organisations who need something other than absolutely bare minimum telephony features, that used to be a market that Cisco was interested in. 

Yep, agree. But for each customer/partner, there are other important "basic" features, so someone must rate them and define an implementation order.

Best it to upvote the corresponding idea: https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COLLAB-I-13042

and maybe also https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COLLAB-I-14366