Views
Helpful
Replies

Confirmation of users logged into Webex Phone Services

manish.raghvani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Webex User Community,

I'll put my question out as I've searched this forum and could not find the answer.

We are in the process of a mass rollout from Jabber to Webex Calling (CUCM) and would like to know if there is a way of getting a report on the users who have successfully Signed into Webex Phone Services. If this is possible, please can you help me out !!!

Thanks in advance

eM

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @manish.raghvani,

There are two way to find out whether the user is logged into Webex Phone Service:

Using RTMT:

1. Go to Voice/Video >> Device >> Device Search >> Phone. Use filter criteria based on your needs. 

You can see CSF devices in below screenshot with Active Load ID. The Active Load ID indicates whether a user is using Webex Phone Service or Jabber. DeviceSearch.png

Using CLI: (You need to follow below process on all CUCM servers as phones might be connected to different servers)

• From CUCM CLI, enter the following command. 
    show risdb query list phone file <filename>
  • View the file
    file view activelog /platform/cli/<filename>.txt
  • copy this file to your SFTP server
    file get activelog /platform/cli/<filename>.txt
  • Rename the file from .txt to .csv.

In the CSV file, use filter to search devices with CSF name. Again look for Active Load ID and registration status.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

manish.raghvani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

Is anyone able to assist a little further and provide me with some steps on How to Export the data from RTMT please?

Thanks in advance

Manish

manish.raghvani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vaijanath,

Thank you for your response, we've looked into your solutions and RTMT is looking very promising. My team are currently working out how to export a full list, as there appears to be some limitations. (If you know how, then I'd appreciate your help

Once again many thanks for your help, good job

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @manish.raghvani,

There are two way to find out whether the user is logged into Webex Phone Service:

Using RTMT:

1. Go to Voice/Video >> Device >> Device Search >> Phone. Use filter criteria based on your needs. 

You can see CSF devices in below screenshot with Active Load ID. The Active Load ID indicates whether a user is using Webex Phone Service or Jabber. DeviceSearch.png

Using CLI: (You need to follow below process on all CUCM servers as phones might be connected to different servers)

• From CUCM CLI, enter the following command. 
    show risdb query list phone file <filename>
  • View the file
    file view activelog /platform/cli/<filename>.txt
  • copy this file to your SFTP server
    file get activelog /platform/cli/<filename>.txt
  • Rename the file from .txt to .csv.

In the CSV file, use filter to search devices with CSF name. Again look for Active Load ID and registration status.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.