cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show extension or number in Webex Call Window?

After answering a call in Webex, the call window shows the name or "unknown" for the ID of the caller, but it does not show the extension or number the person called from. How can I display the number of the inbound caller?

3 Replies 3

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

In some quick tests I saw some inconsistent behaviour.  In my case calls come in through a Webex Local Gateway, in case that makes a difference.  I'm answering with the Windows Webex client.  The initial call alert shows name and number, then when answered it shows a large call window again with name and number.  However if you do certain things that call window gets replaced with a much smaller one displaying caller name only, and not the number.

I couldn't see any consistent pattern as to what triggers that change.  It may be something to do with a window popping up over the top of the original call window, but that wasn't repeatable.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

I do not have access to WxC anymore, but IIRC, the caller id is shown in the title bar, isn't it?

Latest after the call, you will find it in the call history for sure.

The number is shown when the call is first presented (for the Decline/Answer pop-up notification), but when the call is answered and the active call window is up, the number is not displayed. Our agents use the calling number to look up/search for information for caller assistance. This is in a medical clinic agent situation.