cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple "linegroups" in Webex Calling Hunt Groups?

JJMakowski
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating our on-prem CUCM environment to Webex Calling.  Calling has Hunt Groups, but it seems you can only set 1 Call Routing type (Circular, Simultaneous, Top Down, etc.).  "Call Routing" seems similar to the Algorithms in CUCM Linegroups.  But in CUCM we could have this:

• Hunt Pilot xxxxx
    • Hunt List
      • Linegroup 1 - TopDown
      • Linegroup 2 - Broadcast

I can't see a way to do this in Webex Calling.  Both Hunt Groups and Call Queues seem to have the same type of configuration.  Not allowing you to add a second "Call Routing" type with a different set of Agents.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

kctrey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are really two ways to do this, both with pros/cons.

If you need a Hunt Group rather than a Call Queue, you will just overflow from one HG to another, as mentioned previously.

A Call Queue is a better approach, and you can use Skill Based hunting. All of the agents with the same (lowest) skill will be attempted first, using the defined hunt. If they are busy, unavailable, or the call bounces, then it will move to the next highest skill you have defined. Plus the Queue gives a better caller experience because they aren't listening to ringing while all of the agents are hunted. The downside to this approach is that you can't set the hunt algorithm per skill level. If you really do need a different hunt per "group", you can easily set up multiple Queues and overflow.

Moved your post over to the Webex Calling section of the community as it’s not related to CM.

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Maybe your problem is, that you think, that WxC is like CUCM. They are completely different products and therefore with completely different features sets / feature characteristics.
Just because hunt groups work like this in CUCM, doesn't automatically mean, they work the same way in WxC.

There is no "line group" concept in WxC.
You probably need to have 2 huntgroups (with different algorithms) and forward the first one to the second, to someone rebuild it like in CUCM.

I get that they are not the same, but for things like Hunt Groups going to WxC is a definite step down in flexibility and functionality.

We are trying the multiple Hunt Groups and forwarding, but it's not working out as well (and simple) as CUCM had it. 

One of the shortcomings is that it seems to require Agents in one Hunt Group to actually be Busy (not "not answering the call") for it to jump over to the other group.  Meaning that if I am in Group 1 and I don't answer the call (Top Down algorithm, perhaps someone is in my office at the time) it won't jump over to the other group after it hits the max rings per Agent, it just recycles and presents to me again.

So now we're exploring Max rings to Forward, but on Top Down that becomes a calculation based on number of Agents in the Top Down and number of rings per Agent (ie. 3 rings per Agent, 5 Agents, 15 rings before forwarding to the next Hunt).  Then we need to remember to adjust any time someone leaves or is removed from the Hunt.  It's not as "hands off" as CUCM is.

Our Hunt Groups are used by Researchers and other Staff for things like pretest lines and Help lines for our Surveys.  They're not used for typical "call center" type setups where an Agent is usually available.

We're trying to move with the times and technology (cloud) but finding Cisco's offering in this space sadly lacking at times.

Yes, we know we could have done Dedicated Instance instead of Multi-Tenant, but we were pretty deep in the testing, planning and prep before we realized WxC was falling short.  So we soldier on and look for solutions.  (Even TAC didn't know to suggest what you suggest.)