cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receptionist Client Suggestions/Alternatives

calvink
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, do any of the organizations here use the receptionist client at all or a third party? We have a front desk receptionist and a team who covers the desk throughout the day or if she is on vacation. It's lacking a lot of visibility, functionality, and is slow compared to other products. So do you use it, and if so is there something I missing to make it more user friendly, or if you use a third party which one do you use, and are there any planned updates to the receptionist client?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

krussell1
Level 1
Level 1

We use the reception console. We don't seem to have any issues with visibility & slowness, the only problem I have is that it constantly logs me specifically out. Our actual receptionists have no problems with it. As long as you manage their favorites & make sure they are granted visibility to everyone's status. I do believe there is a 150-200 person limit on how many lines you can monitor at once, so if you have a large company that might be a slight inconvenience because you'd need to click the status indicator to see people you aren't already monitoring, but not that big of a deal. What problems are you experiencing?

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

We do not use any receptionist client (small company).

Just wanted to drop https://www2.peterconnects.com/receptionist-webexcalling as a possible 3rd party solution in case you're not aware of it

Yup, we're taking a look at it. Kind of a poke in the eye to have to pay for that functionality though... 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.