cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering a Viking 1600 IP intercom to Webex Calling

Dan Pride
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck registering Viking brand IP intercoms to the Webex Calling as a Generic IP phone?

We were able to get it to send SIP register packets to outbound proxy address, but we are getting no reply from the Webex Calling cloud. The SIP Register packets are not incrementing CSEQ numbers, so it's apparently just sending and re-sending the same packet with no response.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Dan Pride
Level 1
Level 1

Well, we realized the register packets were in SIP-UDP form, not SIP-TLS form. Somehow this modern SIP intercom does not support TLS in any form. I verified with the company. I have no idea how that is even possible in 2023, but it is what it is. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Pride
Level 1
Level 1

Well, we realized the register packets were in SIP-UDP form, not SIP-TLS form. Somehow this modern SIP intercom does not support TLS in any form. I verified with the company. I have no idea how that is even possible in 2023, but it is what it is. 

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Dan Pride ,

I have used and or tested only supported devices with Webex Calling. As per the below article, Viking brand is not listed as supported device and The use of third-party devices is intended to facilitate customer migrations to Webex Calling. The use of these devices on Webex Calling requires approval from your Cisco account manager in order to enable them for provisioning in Control Hub.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/qkwt4j/Supported-devices-for-Webex-Calling

I would recommend using supported devices. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.