cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Auto Attendant

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

We've just migrated from Call Manager to Webex and was wanting to know about setting up an Auto Attendant. Currently for our main line, the receptionist phone is configured as that. I was wanting to setup an Auto Attendant so I can forward afterhours calls to an answering service. When trying to add the attendant it won't let me select the main line. Would it be best to setup the attendant with that main line number in a hunt group, and give the receptionist a different extension?

TIA!

2 Accepted Solutions

keclair
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the user settings  under the calling tab you can choose Selectively Forward Calls and set your parameters there. It could be an AA or your after hours number 

View solution in original post

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mcvosi,

You can use main number on receptionist phone and assign different extension to Auto Attendant or vice versa. Then you can follow the response of @keclair to forward calls to auto attendant.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mcvosi
Level 1
Level 1

We have a receptionist answering calls during business hours. Is there not a way to just specify after hours for AA? It won't let me create an AA without specifying business hours.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mcvosi,

You can use main number on receptionist phone and assign different extension to Auto Attendant or vice versa. Then you can follow the response of @keclair to forward calls to auto attendant.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

keclair
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the user settings  under the calling tab you can choose Selectively Forward Calls and set your parameters there. It could be an AA or your after hours number