Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Mobile App - Unable to connect you to your call

713itsolutions
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I started using the WebEx app on my Google Pixel 2 with our VOIP service provider.  But when I try to dial out; I get the following message: Unable to connect you to your call

If I turn off the WiFi; I'm able to call out using my cellular data.  

I tried using the WebEx app on another mobile device and I'm able to make calls when using WiFi and cellular data. 

Thanks

Tony

11 Replies 11

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

I had a client experiencing the same issue when placing outbound calls from the Webex app and encountering the below error.  The resolution was to uninstall the Webex app, restart the iPhone, install the Webex app, sign in, and calls were successful. 

"Call Failure" - "Unable to connect you to your call. Try calling again and if the issue persists, contact your administrator"

I am also having this issue.  IPhone will not answer calls while trying to answer out of sleep mode.  I have the latest version of the WebEx app.  As long as the phone is not in sleep mode I can place and receive calls?  Any ideas?

tb504
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue on Google Pixel 5.  Webex calling works well on LTE/5G.  When connected to any Wifi network, calling fails.  When attempting to originate a call, calling service goes offline.  Incoming call attempts ring, but cannot answer/connect call.  Tave tried using port 5060 and 5075 for SIP reg, also tried to force to TCP.  Same results.

nathanaelb
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure what number you are dialing into for the meeting. Depending on the person hosting, they may have a Toll number (long distance, or they may have a toll free number).  If you have a voip provider, do they require dialing a prefix for an outside line?

If you want you can also join by "Use Internet for audio", this would make the call over voip to CIsco (not using your own voip provider).

Hi nathanaelb,

It's when i dial any number
VOIP service is with broadsoft
We do use the prefix prior to the number

The service works when i use my softphone on my computer & laptop just not
on my cell phone when using wifi

Thanks
Tony

I am also running into this with Broadsoft, WebEx Calling and different WiFi connections via the mobile app on iOS, iPadOS, and Android. The same WiFi networks allow a Windows laptop to use the client successfully with no issues, but the mobile apps cannot call or receive calls while on WiFi. Switching to cell data fixes the problem on the mobile apps. Very frustrating.

Still haven't found a solution to this - what mobile device are you using?

Multiple phones and tablets on multiple WiFi connections. iPads, iPhones, Android phone (Pixel4), corporate WiFi, residential WiFi, even OnStar WiFi. Laptop calling works fine on all connections, mobile app calling always fails until WiFi is disabled and using LTE. 

Hi Shawn2021,

I use a Pixel2 and I tried different mobile devices and it doesn't work
unless on LTE.
On my PC/laptop it's fine.. I actually have a case open with the Cisco
Webex team now; they are suggesting to change the port for Webex on my
phone...

I'll keep you posted on what i find out

Any solution from Cisco WebEx team. 
I'm having a similar issue with a client for Google Pixel 3a XL phone.

Unable to make VoIP Calls.

not really.. i was told to set up port fwd on my phone
i download an app to do so but the app would crash and had to always be
open. so if i accidentally closed all my apps then i'd have to go open the
port fwd app again.. was a pain.